Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband.Gov.Ie gets major overhaul

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Line Checker Down all week, Noel ??? Please??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Did the checker ever work? It certainly hasn't for me, but I've only used it every month or two, at most, over the last year.

.cg

it was actually the eircom line checker for a long time and insisted on selling your eircom product only until the recent site redesign. I only used it for the first time on Monday in its new form , it was down and its still down today .

As DSL is still the most prevalent BB technology In ireland I feel that the Noel should not fail every line in the country as he presently does ...if only because it looks awful .

Imagine the headline. "No Telephone Line In Ireland passes for Broadband according to Minister Dempseys website ".

Noel solves the thorny issue where his line checker tells us that EVERY LINE in Ireland has FAILED for DSL.

Noel simply removes the back end of the Line Checker and it gives us a 404 error instead of a fail.

This is ****ing GENIUS :D . Run a number that passes elsewhere thru it to see for yourself how he did it .

http://www.broadband.gov.ie/Phoneline+Checker/

a) You cannot now get DSL according to Noel because no lines pass in Ireland .
    b) Noels site has very very little wireless action .

Therefore !!!!!

c) The only BB technology you can get is VSAT wherever you are in Ireland according to our government.

Astra must love this guy .!

Finally Fixed Now

Thanks Noel!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

It lists Westnet wireless in Bohola, Co. Mayo but there is nothing there yet and quite a while until there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Want fun, try use this website in Opera!

DSL Line Checker Fixed.

wireless operator coverage still crap but thats not Noels fault TBH

http://www.broadband.gov.ie/List+all++Services/Home.htm

On this page they have managed to make a hyperlink that doesn't work in Opera or so it would seem. If you click "some relevant questions" text at bottom which changes colour it just doesn't do anything.

The map still doesn't work in Opera aswell. You can't select anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

brim4brim wrote:

The map still doesn't work in Opera aswell. You can't select anything.

No matter what I do I can't see this map...I'm on Firefox 1.5.0.7. Unless its some kind of flash thingy (which I block)

• Advertisement

bealtine wrote:
    No matter what I do I can't see this map...I'm on Firefox 1.5.0.7. Unless its some kind of flash thingy (which I block)

It's just images and Javascript I think.

It works fine for me with 1.5.0.7 BUT the map thing a .aspx file not "images and javascript" so it REQUIRES the .Net framework 1.1 or 2.0 under windows in order to work, if you do not have the runtime dlls that the .Net framework installs in windows then you are doomed.

are we running a unix system with firefox anybody , or a pda with a small browser such as Opera ?? If so you should email minister@dcmnr.ie or minister.dempsey@dcmnr.eu and TELL Noel about this problem ???

alternatively tell Noel about this app here

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/index-en.html

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Works for me in Firefox on Linux.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Sponge Bob wrote:
    It works fine for me with 1.5.0.7 BUT the map thing a .aspx file not "images and javascript" so it REQUIRES the .Net framework 1.1 or 2.0 under windows in order to work, if you do not have the runtime dlls that the .Net framework installs in windows then you are doomed.

Ja I'm running net 2 (and develop aspx stuff).

But it still doesnt work for me:)

Okay it's just broken now. I could see it a day or two ago but nothing loads in Internet Explorer at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Working fine on Fiirefox on XP here.

Advertisement