Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aerial - where on BMW 318i?

Options
  • 07-09-2006 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need to know where the radio aerial is located on a 1998 BMW 318i.

I have an i-trip and cannot get it to work well so I'm wondering where the best place in the car is to get best reception.

I-trips are now legal under European law btw.

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Not sure where it is on your e36, but on the e46 it's on the rear windscreen. So sometimes having the heating element on will affect reception too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AFAIK its in the rear screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nutterireland

on mine its on rear right over fuel filler e36 softop bmw rubberduck type

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Rear windscreen element - unless its a cabrio. Booster should be underneath the passenger side c pillar trim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I have a 97 (should be 98 but stupid UK registration ways, first registered last week on December 97 make it a 97-KY) BMW 316 the Aerial is two straight lines through the back window of the car. Let us know how you get on with the iTrip as I was thinking of getting one, is it the white one that clips on or an FM Transmitter type one from Griffin etc?

• Advertisement
Advertisement