Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Dempsey Introduces Computer Licence (as in Dog Licence)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Dangger wrote:
    The fact that this is even be considered with our current broadband coverage is laughable.

We are a million miles away from the 99.9% broadband coverage the North now has. I could understand an attempt at presenting such a bill to the public in the run up to an election if that was the case here. But given the current sorry state of affairs I can't comprehend the mind of the architects of such a bill.

Never mind DSL coverage. You cannot get even RTE1 in some parts of the country without a roof aerial because terrestrial coverage is so dismal. You are effectively being charged for having a TV or aerial/dish regardless of whether or not you can actually receive anything! This in my view is ridiculous? Reception in Ireland is actually disimproving, not improving. The long lines of Sky dishes in new housing estates in rural areas are a symptom of this malaise.

I actually am very angry at having to pay twice for TV - once to have a licence for owning a TV, and secondly to a 3rd party provider to actually deliver the serivce that is supposedly paid for by my licence payment, because I am unable to receive it due to living in a rural location!

Advertisement