Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6233 or 6680????

• 07-09-2006 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im getting a new phone from my insurance company (o2 billpay) since last one ended up in a sink of water.

I had a 6600, and thought it was brilliant, but that was a good few years old so there must be a better one out there now.

The women from the insurance company said i should get the 6233. I had a quick look at the phone, and the first thing that hit me was its not S60, symbian. I would really like to stay with the symbian operating system cos i loved playing SNES games on my old phone.

Then she said try the 6680, and online the specs look quite good.

When i said ill take the 6680, she said i really shouldn't, and just go with the 6233, her point was it has better camera, smaller, its 3G and all round just a better phone.

Also i have a 1GB MMC from my 6600, i think that might fit in the 6680, but it definately wont fit in the 6233 as that takes the micro SD format.

So on paper its 3-2 in favor of the 6233 (small, better camera, 3G Vs symabian, Memory card)

There isnt much in the price difference, 6233 is €56 and 6680 is €86.

Any of you have expierence with these phones? Which would ye choose?

Whcih one would you choose? 2 votes

0% 0 votes
    50% 1 vote
    50% 1 vote
    Other, please tell me
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

6233 is not symbian. It's series40. If you'd prefer to go symbian, get the 6680, it's a nice phone, if a bit of a brick.

The 6233 has nicer speakers (stereo), and better camera, higher resolution screen, and the latest version of series40, which is pretty good.

The 6680 is 3G too. I have one and like it a lot.

O2 have the N70 don't they? That would be worth a look since it improves on the 6680 in many ways.

Karsini wrote:
    The 6680 is 3G too. I have one and like it a lot.

So is the 6233... it just doesn't have a front camera, so it's pointless for video calls really.

So is the 6233... it just doesn't have a front camera, so it's pointless for video calls really.
    No sorry, what I meant is, according to what the OP said, the sales rep was pointing out that the 6233 was 3G as if the 6680 wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

From their current crop get an N70 (or an XDA mini maybe?). Both run Emus so snes away...
    6680 is/was a great phone, but not if didn't have enough onboard memory and was consequently sluggish in operation. I'm sure you had Out of Memory errors aplenty on the 6600. Push the 6680 and you'll get the same
    N70 is a better equipped phone, newer OS version, noticable improvement in the camera... and a logical upgrade to the 6680.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

quintron wrote:
    From their current crop get an N70 (or an XDA mini maybe?). Both run Emus so snes away...
    6680 is/was a great phone, but not if didn't have enough onboard memory and was consequently sluggish in operation. I'm sure you had Out of Memory errors aplenty on the 6600. Push the 6680 and you'll get the same
    N70 is a better equipped phone, newer OS version, noticable improvement in the camera... and a logical upgrade to the 6680.

Hhhhmmmm, good thinkin, took a quick look at it on the net and it does look very good, ill have to check what they are charging for it though. Im not really willing to dish out more than 150 on the phone to be honest. Do you know how much more it costs compare to the 6680. Cos if its more than 100 dearer im gona have to leave it. Good thinkin though;)

Karsini wrote:
    No sorry, what I meant is, according to what the OP said, the sales rep was pointing out that the 6233 was 3G as if the 6680 wasn't.

My apologies, I didn't reread through the OP's first post. You're correct. :)

Advertisement