Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickbooks

Options
  • 07-09-2006 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi, new to boards.ie, so hopefully i'm at the right place. In work we use quickbooks accounting package, my colleagues are so afraid of trying new things that the system is out of date i.e. old address contact details recorded for the likes of suppliers, etc. if a supplier changes their details, my colleagues inactivate the details and re-create the same supplier with the updated address/contact details - it's mad. As you can tell i'm new to the company so i kindda want to go to them and say for sure 'you shouldn't need to do this, heres how to have an up-to-date system'
    I've tried going into a supplier and editing their address details, when i go to save - click ok i get the following warning: Your Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) is not valid. Please use the format: ##-####### with click button OK, when i click OK it jumps to the Additional Info tab. Not sure what this warning message means or where it is trying to re-direct me to as all i'm concerned is changing the address.
    Can anyone help please or re-direct me to someone who can help. :confused:
    Many Thanks,
    Libby23

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Not sure where this should live - definitely not Open Source.

Mods, feel free to move again if it's inappropriate here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Libby23 wrote:
    hi, new to boards.ie, so hopefully i'm at the right place. In work we use quickbooks accounting package, my colleagues are so afraid of trying new things that the system is out of date i.e. old address contact details recorded for the likes of suppliers, etc. if a supplier changes their details, my colleagues inactivate the details and re-create the same supplier with the updated address/contact details - it's mad. As you can tell i'm new to the company so i kindda want to go to them and say for sure 'you shouldn't need to do this, heres how to have an up-to-date system'
    I've tried going into a supplier and editing their address details, when i go to save - click ok i get the following warning: Your Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) is not valid. Please use the format: ##-####### with click button OK, when i click OK it jumps to the Additional Info tab. Not sure what this warning message means or where it is trying to re-direct me to as all i'm concerned is changing the address.
    Can anyone help please or re-direct me to someone who can help. :confused:
    Many Thanks,
    Libby23

key in any number u like in to the EIN number filed and keep a record of the number sequence u have.

also check what version u have and post it back here.
    Must go back later

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Libby23

hi, thats the problem we don't have the EIN in any of our screens. the version we have is Quickbooks Pro 2003
    thanks for your help

From a look at the following site, http://www.intuit.com/

and a bit of a search on EIN, it looks to me as the problem is related to the payroll end of the quickbooks and that is has nothing to do with the customer master file aka account details.

Search for Employer Identification Number

and u get
    http://intuitsearch.intuit.com/search?output=xml_no_dtd&client=intuit&site=intuit_site&proxystylesheet=intuit&num=10&q=Employer+Identification+Number+

ps I dont have the product, just trying to help:)

Why not spend a few bob on upgrading to 2006 and get it sorted as part of the upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Libby23

thanks ircoha,
    i wish i had the power to upgrade but i'm only a small pone in the group - a new-be!
    i'll check it out further, i'm determined! but i just keep getting knocked down here when i make suggestions for improvments :(
    thanks for your help

• Advertisement

Libby23 wrote:
    thanks ircoha,
    i wish i had the power to upgrade but i'm only a small pone in the group - a new-be!
    i'll check it out further, i'm determined! but i just keep getting knocked down here when i make suggestions for improvments :(thats par for the course when u worked for certain companies, with that attitude unless they have a capitive market they will eventually fold.
    thanks for your help

Please do not let them "knock you back", or at least dont lose the desire and will to try to drive change through, it is something that is badly needed.

If u can do the business and they continue to block your ideas, then move once u have some experience

I have not looked but there may be a quikbooks user forum somewhere on the web

Advertisement