Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers (Come say "hello" here!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Sangre wrote:
    As a rule, if you hate your whole year, its not the other people in the year who are the problem.

I agree with you.

Help me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

jumpymunky wrote:
    I dunno really..my expectations were too high..oh and the ppl are well..lessthan impressive to say the least.
    I know a couple of people doing commerce who are finding it hard to adjust and who have the same views as you. Find them and you'll get along just fine!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

okay, asny science/dram soc/tkd people in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jumpymunky

Get over it. It's not that bad. Just because some of them have money doesn't mean they're bad people. They might have an attitude, or view of life that's unfamiliar to you, but they are, for the most part, good people.

My best advice to you would be to give them a chance. It's only going to make your own life easier. I mean, do you think they care?

What makes u think i aint minted too?Besides just cos i said poor dosent mean i was referin to how much money they have. i couldnt care less tbh..when u meet a person for the first time you don't start talkin to them about their money..even though they might want you too.Basically you seem to be insinuating that im somehow jealous of them and that explains why i dont like them..i have nothing to 'get over'.and ur last queation was just plain stupid.

oh and id like to apologise to everyone for turnin this post into a b*tch about how much i hate college.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jumpymunky

Sangre wrote:
    As a rule, if you hate your whole year, its not the other people in the year who are the problem.

Did i say i hate everyone? You know sometimes bull****ty statements like that which sound profound don't always work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

jumpymunky wrote:
    I dunno really..my expectations were too high..oh and the ppl are well..lessthan impressive to say the least.
    to be honest when i came here first i had a similar opinion, it took a while but i've met plenty of people i like at this stage. for what it's worth you're far from the only person who's come to ucd and got that impression, give it time...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ive been here for a year now and I still think you lot are all jerks . However have met many lovely people in that time after hating college for the first couple of months

*ps I still hate college, just not the people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I've always loved UCD, sure I've met some complete eejits while I've been here, there's one or two people who I don't particularly like but overall it's easy to find people whom you can get on with. Happy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Le Rack wrote:
    *waves* Science and TKD here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

*waves* Science and TKD here :)
    YAY! where's you? i'll be training next week, forgot my kit this week...I've been meaning to meet you for a while! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

Le Rack wrote:
    dramsoc here!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I joined Dramsoc.. haven't done anything yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Dramsoc here too...in the Freshers project for Thursday and have a callback for Macbeth on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Raphael wrote:
    Dramsoc here too...in the Freshers project for Thursday and have a callback for Macbeth on Monday

There doing Macbeth??I was born to play Lady macbeth!!Are the auditions over?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Methinks they are. The callback lists are all up anyway...

Advertisement