Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transmitter & Receiver Compatibility

Options
  • 07-09-2006 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi
    I'm hoping some of you guys will be able to help me. I have a Sanwa RD 8000 Transmitter.I use it to fly my RC Plane and Heli. This works fine with these. I recently purchased 3 different receivers. One being a Hitec (HSF-07RI) and also a Futuba (R136F). When i put the matching crystals in transmitter and receiver I cannot get the receiver to work. I have changed the modulation on the transmitter through the 4 settings and still no useful response. It causes only noise or chatter on the servo for one of the modulation settings. The others do nothing.

Can anyone advise me as to what I am doing wrong?
    Any help appreciated.

Tony

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Possible problems:
    Dual conversion crystal in single conversion receiver.
    Single conversion crystal in dual conversion receiver.
    Tx xtal instead of Rx xtal in Tx or Rx.
    PCM switched on in radio - should be PPM 17 or PPM 18 for those receivers
    Wrong frequency (channel) on one crystal!

If it is none of the above, it will likely be mismatch (manufacturer-wise) between receiver and the crystal fitted in it. The usual advice is to put the same makers xtal into the same makers receiver.

I don't bother with the usual advice myself, since every make I have ever tried works with my Graupner-JR gear, including the makes you mention above. But before I found Graupner JR, I had a Sanwa RD6000 Super for a while and it was OK. Radios I used. Scroll down for the radio comments

For a cure - try a sanwa or JR xtal in your futaba rx and the RD8000 should work fine. Then range test .

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

From what I know futaba transmitters will not work with JR recievers, I would presume the same would be true with sanwa and futaba or hitec.

Well ... yes, people say that. It is what the manufacturer's recommend, and they don't recommend parts made by a competitor!

From my personal experience:
    with Graupner JR (MC-16 and MC-24) transmitter I have personally flown planes or seen fly with the following receivers:
    JR R700
    JR C17
    JR C19
    Sanwa R-611.
    JR R600
    Futaba R-136
    Jeti 7
    Hitec feather
    Jeti 4
    GWS

Some worked better than others. The Futaba needed a JR xtal inside to make it listen. The JR and Sanwa work fine whether JR or Sanwa xtals are used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tonyfelloni

Hoping its to do with the xtals. Im gonna bring the setup into green marine soon ant see if I can get a crystals compatible to all. If not i'm sure i'll be able to pawn them off on ebay again!

Cheers.

Oh Coolwings can you advise on a price for a mini receiver compatible with my sanwa rd 8000. I want to install one in my homemade probis.

Thanks

Hoping its to do with the xtals.
    Yeah. That would be the easiest cause to fix.
    .... a mini receiver compatible with my sanwa rd 8000....
    Hmmmm - I haven't used the RD8000 myself, best to bring your trannie along with you and actually test it out with different receiver/xtal combinations so as to be sure you get the reliability you need.

The shop has the advantage of having all the different bits there, so you can try out this and switch and test again with that, and so on, until you're totally happy.

:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement