Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio tape to CD

Options
  • 07-09-2006 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a 39 year old audio tape that I would like to get transferred to CD. It is 540m long and plays on a reel to reel machine at 18cm per second. Does any one know of any organisation that could do this for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

You could do this yourself.

Do you have a reel to reel machine? Does the reel to reel machine happen to have a line out socket?

If you have the reel to reel machine and it has a line out socket then doing it yourself would be pretty easy. Connect directly to the line input on your sound card and record using the sound recorder in Start Programmes Accessories Entertainment Sound recorder Once you have it on your PC you can burn it onto a CD as CD Audio.

If you don't have a line out on the reel to reel, you would have to use a microphone (plugged into the microphone socket on the sound card) you may have to play around with the distance between the microphone and speaker and the volume control.

Advertisement