Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No SMTP on Meteor PAYG

• 07-09-2006 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Phone : 6230i
    Got the email settings sent from from the Nokia website and am able to check and download email from my eircom.net email account. I can't send any email from my email application. Have set up a mymeteor email acct, but nokia don't give you the option of choosing Meteor as an email provider. Anybody found a way around this? I'm not able to access the Email configuration settings for SMTP, but the POP settings are accessible in the messages menu. Have been on to Meteor was told to text "open" to 51510 . Got a response from postmaster@mymeteor.ie or maybe open@sms.mymeteor.ie. Would like some light at the end of the tunnel on this
    rgd
    dOH

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You can't set up email on Meteor. Maybe when the EDGE network is launched, but not at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Got it working,:p sending email from phones email client .

This is the 2nd time where after posting I've pulled out all the stops , or maybe the posting itself releases a little dose of brain adrenalin. Have only tried with eircom.net but thats enough for 1 lifetime. So Configuration>Personal Configuration Settings-Select>Options>Add New-select>Email. then go down through it entering all your normal eircom.net email settings. Be sure to activate it before you leave Personal Configuration. No single setting in there is Meteor. Of course except have set up isp.mymeteor.ie as an "AccessPoint" Open you email app and send. It worked for me.
    rgds dOh
    Just checked my eircom and the email from 6230i Email Prog. Meteor PAYG has come in. Works even better than O2 bill pay, no need for the double _authenticatio-- Have added attachment with headers of sent email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Cool. Far as I knew, you are limited to a few sites on the Meteor WAP sites (which incidently includes eircom.net so that may be the reason it works this way).

I know I have had no success with it for my gmail account.

Will try later, (in my next life) with the gmail port settings for sending email. Would expect gmail SMPT to be much more restrictive than "open doors" eircom.

bye for now
    dOH

Doesn't seem to work for anything other than eircom. I think its the way they configure their SMTP server.

• Advertisement

Well Nokia don't give gmail settings for the 6230i ( it doesn't handle security certificates in its email client, I think thats the reason) But Now I've changed something and I don't know what. The first email from phone's email client was to gmail acct and it came on, but now all I get for gmail addresses is "recipient does not exist" Emails to eircom.net addresses come on . Help what have I changed?

I include header info from first SMTP email to gmail account.( did'nt include it the first time as I did'nt know how to get header info from Gmail's web interface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ron Burgundy

I got this working before with my own account but only I could receive the emails wired? One that I do have it working with now is online.ie free email accounts smpt mail.online.ie it seems most people get emails sent from this

tnx Ron but i quote from the email page at online.ie "***Sign up to email is not possible at the moment. You will be able to sign up to email very soon. Login still works fine for current members."
    Like to know why it worked the first time with eircom smtp but not since
    bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ron Burgundy

dohouch wrote:
    tnx Ron but i quote from the email page at online.ie "***Sign up to email is not possible at the moment. You will be able to sign up to email very soon. Login still works fine for current members."
    Like to know why it worked the first time with eircom smtp but not since
    bye

Doh iv had my online account for years seems to be the most stable, sorry cant help you with eircom. mayb try out some other free accounts, try emailing outher address not just your own and see if they get them this is a problem i had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Doh iv had my online account for years seems to be the most stable, sorry cant help you with eircom. mayb try out some other free accounts, try emailing outher address not just your own and see if they get them this is a problem i had

online.ie seems to be working fine now - what are the settings(pop3 etc) for online.ie?

Thanks

• Advertisement

I think we were misled about online.ie. I would think it is purely a web-mail service, Using your visit to collect email to grab eyeballs for adverts.

Advertisement