Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't register UCD Elective Modules????

Options
  • 07-09-2006 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Tried to register for electives. Electives come up, I pick the one I want but then it just returns to the Electives page and doesn't register to my calendar and my summary says I have to register 2 electives even though I've already tried! What the hell is up with this? Has anyone succesfully registered their electives?
    Cheers!

Comments

I have the exact same problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 adam_f

Thank god you've the same problem-maybe the systems not up and running properly? Damn it-was hoping to sneak in and register before everyone else!

Yeah I don't think it is, because for every module I register for, it says "This module is not oversubscribed: 0 person has provisionally enrolled to X places.".

Jeebus, for my 2 electives it says there's only 6 places available, so I better watch the page like a hawk, LIKE A HAWK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭slovessmg

Jeebus, for my 2 electives it says there's only 6 places available, so I better watch the page like a hawk, LIKE A HAWK!

It doesn't matter how soon you enroll. Everybody who registers for a module before Monday will have an equal chance to get a place on said module. Even if you're the first to register to it, you have just as much chance as the person who registers Sunday night.

If a module is over-subscribed everybody who registered for it goes into a random draw for a place. So if 12 people register for the module you want you'll have a 50/50 chance of getting it regardless of when you register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Deadly, same problem! Anyone having any luck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm just pissed off at the fact that the only bloody elective I really want to do clashes with one of my lectures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 adam_f

Aghhhhh! I'm so pissed off. There's always something wrong with the UCD ****ing website! And is it really true that we're back on the 11th of September? I thought we'd be back in 2 weeks not 4 days-the horror.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Wahey sis system is down again. Wrecking my head how when you view the electives it doesn't say what days + times they're on at. Do you have to just keeptrying til you find one that fits or does it only display ones that will fit. Answers on a postcard please...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Oh SIS how I hate you so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Sometimes, I look back and miss the days of pens and paper as a means of communication. Paper didn't break down and drive you crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Actually is working for me now. When your registering for electives it brings up where they'd be on the timtable so u can see clashes. Be better if you could only see ones that didn't clash...

Anyway picked some maths ones that say "an honour or an ordinary A1" as recommended standards so it shouldn't be too hard. My maths teacher would be so proud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

All good for me too :)
    Now to decide which ones to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Condoriano

This is proving difficult :( . Now when i want to register for any elective module i get this

"-2068ORA-02068: following severe error from DBLINK_CMIS_TRAP_PUBLIC ORA-01034: ORACLE not available ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist Compaq Tru64 UNIX Error: 2: No such file or directory"

instead of the timetable. It may just be a too late at night at the moment.

One other thing is, how do you know if you've sucessfully "provisionaly" enrolled, because when I did it earlier there was no evidence that i choose any elective:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

It works for me now. Pitty I couldn't get that CS module I wanted. Stupid time-table clashes....:mad:

Have to do decision support systems instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Adam:)

Wohoooo finally got it workin this morning and it turns out I've no classes on Friday which means 3 day weekend for semester one! P.S. I got banned for life and I don't know why? And if an administrator is reading this I'm sorry but I had to re-register please don't ban me again!My life will be over if you do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pFd

I'm just pissed off at the fact that the only bloody elective I really want to do clashes with one of my lectures!

Thats soooo fooking annoying..............:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

where can you find the number of places left in a module? i can't see it anywhere :confused:

Advertisement