Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch Install Order

Options
  • 07-09-2006 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

I have to install BF2 again after a bit of a system meltdown at the weekend that required a reformat of my hard drive. I also have the Special Forces add-on and am bit flumoxed over the order that I need to install the patches. From what I remember before I needed to install the incremental patches in order as the full install doesn't work as its not updating from version 1.0

Anyone know if this is still the case or will the full patch install work for me. Cheers in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

As far as I know, you just have to install BF2 normally from the disc. Then install Special Forces and Euro Force and whatever other add-ons you have. Once you have done all this, then install the full 1.4 patch and everything should work ok. Don't launch or play the game until you have followed all these steps. Hope it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

You should reboot after every install aswell. So you should install the game completely, reboot. Install Special Forces, reboot. Install latest full patch, reboot. Then it'll work fine.

If you don't do a reboot after every install it can make BF2 very unstable.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Moriarty wrote:
    If you don't do a reboot after every install it can make BF2 very unstable.

FYI I have also found that actually attempting to play BF2 can render it very unstable :rolleyes:

Advertisement