Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What does Gerry Ryan drive ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Silvera wrote:
    Ok, I know this thread is a little obscure for me but.......

I was listening to G Ryan ranting on this morning about VRT on his show when he mentioned the he had imported two cars from the UK, as he called them - "a his and hers cars". He said the the VRT cost "thousands" and that the Road Tax "cost €1200" on each of them.

Now he wasn't really giving out at having to pay this money (he can well afford it!), he just reckoned that it went against the rules of the EU supposedly 'open market economy'.

Anyway, it left me wondering what sort of cars did he import ?
    I'm imagining something slightly exotic ??

........but on past form he has a fondness for Mazdas! :D

he said before when they were on about banning tinted windows... some sort of factory moded 5-series... wasn't a configuation i ever heard of....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

slumped wrote:
    ....the TV licence goes to make quality programming like Fair ****ty and The Lyrics Boards. ;-)

I remember reading somewhere a while back that the Lyrics Board was one of RTE's biggest money spinners. TV stations in something like 80 countries pay for the the rights to make and broadcast it in their own countries..

As for Gerry Ryan's car.. not too bothered what he drives but I'd say its something fairly decent with the money he is on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    I remember reading somewhere a while back that the Lyrics Board was one of RTE's biggest money spinners. TV stations in something like 80 countries pay for the the rights to make and broadcast it in their own countries..

As for Gerry Ryan's car.. not too bothered what he drives but I'd say its something fairly decent with the money he is on..

The Lyrics Board is an imdependent production for RTE so they don't make anything out of it apart from buying it in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Aonghus MacAnally owns it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

The Lyrics Board is owned by Andy Ruane of Like It, Love It productions. A former 2fm DJ, he also does a number of other tv programmes but the lyrics board make him millions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Sorry, mixing up my ginger RTE eejits there.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

BMW 850i

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

its an 8 series for sure, greyey/greeny colour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I disagree with some of the posters here, its very important to be able to idenntify that ryan Eejit, so now if someone who passes by his house could jot down the reg and a brief description we can pass it on to the relevant underworld hitmen types. (anyone know any hitmen with paypal accounts?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I disagree with some of the posters here, its very important to be able to idenntify that ryan Eejit, so now if someone who passes by his house could jot down the reg and a brief description we can pass it on to the relevant underworld hitmen types. (anyone know any hitmen with paypal accounts?)

SWINE!!!! you beat me to it! ;)

What i find difficult to believe is that the thread lasted nearly 2 full pages without this option being floated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Anyone thought that he may have more than 2 cars? I believe he may have an interest in cars in general. the 8 series will become very collectable. I was living very near wher ehe lives & saw him driving an Alfa, that was back in 2000. The Mazda thing was probably the family connection, the BMWs & iDrive stories sound like he is a BMW nut & the Range Rover is, well, you're no-one if you don't have a Range Rover about the place!!

Lots of celebrities get "free" cars, well a loan of them at least or a good deal on a purchase.

Peter Stringer gets an Audi TT always with the reg of his jersey number (work it out!) Anthony Horgan gets a BMW, O'Gara used to have a SAAB connection but now has an X5. Cullen had a sponsored Corolla!!! Big Jim had a Renault Laguna for a while. F Sheehan has a Lexus jeep.
    All the Cork hurlers get cars from the dealers in Cork with stickers all over them, I'd imagine it's the same for Kerry footballers, Kilkenny hurlers etc.
    All Focus, Mazda 6, Seat, Opel etc.
    All these would be well known deals as there is always a little write up when they get a new car, i.e. the garage cahses in.
    The best celebrity car I saw was Paul Daniels green Bentley with reg MAG1C. I saw it in Cork a few times. Class reg!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bbability wrote:
    He used to drive a Mazda Xedos 6

I knew a guy in Limerick who bought that car about 6 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Old thread with nothing new in it. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement