Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Never Saw Wife in the Nude

• 07-09-2006 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This is going to sound really strange in this day and age. My wife and I are both 31 and were married 2 years and going out together for 2 years before that.

During this 4 years i never saw her nude, yes never saw my wife in the nude.

We have a geat sex life do'nt get me wrong and she is a great friend and soul mate, I've seen her in the nip from the waiste down but not topless, she says feeling her boobs does nothing for her and tenses her up.

I felt them once from the outside and she quickly removed my hand I tried sneaking my hand up her top she did the same, once i walked in on her getting dressed she covered herself up with her arms.

It sounds like something from 100 years ago, I would not mind except I'm a boob man I love them ! It gets me when I see other women cleavage and yet I'm married and cannot see my wife's, as I said we have a great sex life she pulls up her night dress and so on, she does give me oral sex on the condition I do not cum which is fair enough.

I've tried talking to her and nothing has come of it its just something I'll have to live with maybe she'll change, we went on holiday to Majorca this year in the hope she would strip off no she stayed in her swim suit.

I **** in the shower most mornings thinking of breasts what a life! As I said she's a great wife, but I would like to see a bit more of her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 LucasOli

Personally i'm a bum man myself...But ya i see your problem....Maybe she has scars or some siht?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

This is going to sound really strange in this day and age. My wife and I are both 31 and were married 2 years and going out together for 2 years before that.

We have a geat sex life do'nt get me wrong and she is a great friend and soul mate, I've seen her in the nip from the waiste down but not topless, she says feeling her boobs does nothing for her and tenses her up.

I felt them once from the outside and she quickly removed my hand I tried sneaking my hand up her top she did the same, once i walked in on her getting dressed she covered herself up with her arms.

It sounds like something from 100 years ago, I would not mind except I'm a boob man I love them ! It gets me when I see other women cleavage and yet I'm married and cannot see my wife's, as I said we have a great sex life she pulls up her night dress and so on, she does give me oral sex on the condition I do not cum which is fair enough.

I've tried talking to her and nothing has come of it its just something I'll have to live with maybe she'll change, we went on holiday to Majorca this year in the hope she would strip off no she stayed in her swim suit.

I **** in the shower most mornings thinking of breasts what a life! As I said she's a great wife, but I would like to see a bit more of her.
    have you tried telling her this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Tell her this, compliment her and praise her. Perhaps she has a bad experience and hadn't quite gotten over it before you two got together, it seems a bit unusual to me. Another talk is in order I reckon OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There is also another reason for seeing/feeling the breasts and its not a sexual manner generally its the partner that finds bumps that should not be there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Oh would you just tell her you want to see them!

Your married! You should be able to identify every sq inch of her body!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭judybaby

Bloody hell -did it ever strike you before you were married that is not typical behaviour. I mean you should be tearing the clothes of each other. Anyway Thats irelevant now. Obviously she has serious confidence problems. Try and convince her how fab she is and then have a chat ...and ask her whats her deepest fantasy ...tell her yours....and see what she says ...maybe she'll let you have a feel / look /... Good Luck Honey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Dude, you're missing out on the breast part of the relationship!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You need to talk. Share. Understand. With each other.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Perhaps some fool at some stage told her she had funny-looking nipples (as a 'joke' or not) - people can get self-conscious very easily. Just look at all the posts here about perfectly normal things like hair on various parts of the body.

I hope it works out for you, but also for her. It must be strange to keep hiding a part of yourself from the person you love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

That's really the breast advice here.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jellypops

I think you need to slowly approach the subject.
    As your wife sounds shy, maybe you should talk to her when you are both in bed with the lights off.

Just ly there and talk. Tell her how you feel and how much you'd like her to be more comfortable with you. How you're not going to judge her but you'd like to enjoy and nurture her. Help and work through this issue together.

Let her know of any inhibitions you may have about yourself.

You'll enjoy each other so much more and maybe also feel like your relationship is starting afresh. You'll both love the new excitement.

The main thing is to be gentle and expect that her reason for being like this may be difficult to comprehend or it could simply be discomfort in how she looks. it may take time but talking is your only solution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

:rolleyes:

But he has already said-
    I've tried talking to her and nothing has come of it

Quite an odd one alright. When you have tried to speak to her about it has she come back with "look it just doesnt do it for me" ?

I take it you have showered together and that you can see her in her full splendour at that stage? If you havent showered together suggest it to her the next time you are getting a horn. Wash her from head to toe. She cant NOT expose her breasts in that instance.

But thats a short term plaster. She obviously has an issue exposing her breasts that talking about can only get to the root of. As you have said, she doesnt want to talk about it so it maybe one of those things that just isnt going to change. It that case, you decide how important this is for you.

She could have very large *brown areas around her **nipples that she may feel may be unattractive to you. Who knows.

K-

*Shocked that I have forgotton the name of same. Washers is just a tad crude
    **Areola. Thank god for Wicki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I actually think your wife may have a serious psychological problem. We all have hang ups about our bodies (hell, I have a list as long as your arm about mine) but nudity between married couples is absolutely imperative. You won't find me parading round the house in the nip but between the sheets (at the very least) there ought to be a sense of freedom.

Also I know you have insisted that you have a great sex life, but a great sex life is so much more than having sex a few times a week. If you and your wife can get to the bottom of this problem it may uncover (pardon the pun) a whole world of sexual fun and intimacy together.

You know her best. I doubt that this is a small hang up. I suggest not pressurising her when actually being intimate, but discussing it sensitively, perhaps making the case that it would be deeply unusual for married lovers not to be completely naked together. Always reassure her and tell her how beautiful you find her. This problem may solve itself, but it sounds to me like some professional counselling help might get to the bottom of her insecurities.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I've tried talking to her and nothing has come of it

For me that's just not good enough. In a long-term & mature relationship there must be resolutions to issues or they will grow & grow as you are finding out. You must sit your wife down & get talking again. Don't stop until the issue is resolved to both your satisfactions. Cutting off your access to a part of her body because she is not happy with it does seem like very odd behaviour to me & I'm surprised you managed to enter into a relationship & then marriage without working out what the problem was in the beginning.

I know you say you have a great sex life but I'm having trouble envisioning that bearing in mind the image of the misionary with nighty hiked up that you have given...great but hardly adventurous, perhaps? Anyway - you need to get open conversation going & you must let your wife know how much her behaviour is affecting you & your relationship to her. Best of luck :)

LundiMardi wrote:
    have you tried telling her this

yes of course, but i do not know what's wrong she just wants to keep them covered up?

Ladies do any of you have this hick up?

There has to be a reason why she doesn't like her boobs. You need her to tell you where this has come from and reassure her.
    I have big boobs and in my teens I used to get teased by my family and I have always been self conscious about them. I don't like showing them off and avoids walking around topless in front of my hubby but if he does catch me he always compliments me and I know he thinks they're lovely eventhough I would love them to be smaller.
    There is a big issue there for her if she won't even let you feel them in the dark. Is she isn't forthcoming you might bring it up with her best friend along the lines of "Laura has a hang up about her boobs do you know where it's coming from?" You might want to leave out the **** in the shower though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

you know, she is absolutely not obliged to show her body to anyone regardless of whether they are a spouse, doctor, whatever....

if she's not comfortable with it, she's not comfortable with it, whatever. it may be unusual, but so what, it's not *wrong*

Your right. It's not her fault, you knew this before you married her so if you expect her to change just because you are married = You are wrong. However, i do sympathise with the situation, no boobs! Man i'd be lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

Poor bastard. I used to have a girlfriend a bit like this in the past for a while. I am a bit of a breast man myself so found it really hard at the time (pardon the pun again). It was a serious issue with the relationship which really summed up alot. It wasn't the physical aspect of it that got me, what really got me was that I brought it up on a few occasions and she just didnt want to discuss it, I was very gentle and understanding of her but she would just not communicate what the issue was. You have to realise that first of all there is a serious communication problem between ye and then tackle the nudity problem from there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

the corpo wrote:
    you know, she is absolutely not obliged to show her body to anyone regardless of whether they are a spouse, doctor, whatever...if she's not comfortable with it, she's not comfortable with it, whatever. it may be unusual, but so what, it's not *wrong*

I absolutely categorically disagree. It is this kind of utterly individualistic attitude that covers up all kinds of problems rather than dealing with them.

She is obliged to show her body to the man she has committed to sexually for the rest of her life. This is not some guy on the street shouting, "Show us your tits, love!" This is the man who loves and respects her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I disagree that she is obliged to show her husband any part of her body (tho I should add anyone who has such severe negative body image as to render them unable to show a Dr a part of their body for medical reasons or allow their spouse to be intimate within the confines of a happy marriage needs professional help). I think she is obliged to give him an explanation & grant him open & frank dialogue as to why she chooses to deny herself & her husband what could be a very pleasureable part of their relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

See needs professional help, she always has a very serious pyschological issue that she can't even talk to with her husband. This needs to be sorted out before the relationship goes tits up!

Interesting side note, marital rape was only abolished a few recent years ago, before then she would have been obliged to show her husband everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I think its sad that this level of shame has permeated so deeply that it has saturated her skin and her psyche. She is really losing out. Not just you.

Maybe you can do something like get her a gym membership or get her dance/yoga lessons so she can starts small and get reaquainted with her physicality.

I tried sneaking my hand up her top

I know you may have meant well, but when you try "sneaking" anything it reinforces the experience as subversive rather than as natural. And then you in her eyes, as you would in mine, turn into those 13 year old boys who tried to feel you up when you werent looking. Not sexy. Dont do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think she is obliged to give him an explanation & grant him open & frank dialogue as to why she chooses to deny herself & her husband what could be a very pleasureable part of their relationship.
    I'll agree with that. Apart from the "she doesn't have to yield anything to you" stuff, there are health aspects here which no-one has talked about. How long is she going to persist with this? What lengths will she go to? What about her first child? Will she bottlefeed the child purely because of this unhealthy "dislike" or her own breasts? What about mammograms? Will she purposely avoid them, or perhaps insist on carrying out any exams herself? What if she does find a lump? She may be so introverted on the subject that she'll say nothing rather than seek urgent medical attention.

The fact of the matter is, she's married this man, so clearly she trusts this man with everything she holds dear. There should be nothing which she is afraid to show him - physically there should be no secrets. This clearly points to some psychological block or trauma which forces her to hide from her husband.

I would strongly plead with her to seek a professional's advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

Maybe her noggins look rotten? She could be doing you a favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Aoide

the corpo wrote:
    you know, she is absolutely not obliged to show her body to anyone regardless of whether they are a spouse, doctor, whatever....

if she's not comfortable with it, she's not comfortable with it, whatever. it may be unusual, but so what, it's not *wrong*

I disagree. They are married, he's not a teenager out for a quick feel, he's her husband and part of marriage is the sharing and giving of yourself to your spouse.
    OP, I commend your thoughtfulness and patience with her, you clearly love her and don't want to upset her which is to be commended. I doubt most men would be so willing to let her set these unreasonable limits to her body. What you ask isn't in anyway wrong or unexpected. I'm surprised that during the throes of passion you never once lifted her nightgown up over her head or removed her clothes.
    Not to be misunderstood, I'm not suggesting force of any kind, but you are well within your rights to see your wife naked and feel her breasts. The fact that she won't even let you touch them through clothing makes me wonder if she has some kind of birth defect or disfigurement that she is ashamed of? Perhaps next time you talk to her you should come out and say that you suspect this might be the case and assure her that you will love her regardless of anything she might consider ugly.
    Good luck with this and please let us know what happens. I really feel a more direct approach is needed with no excuses from her.

I'm surprised that during the throes of passion you never once lifted her nightgown up over her head or removed her clothes.
    i'm 26 & had a minor operation on my breast a few years ago and have to wear an implant in one my cups to fully match it to the other one so i have to dress and undress myself secretively in the next room. my breasts look ok when nude and not in a bra but its embarrassing that i cant let my boyfriend to undress me. suppose thats why most men make their excuses and leave after a certain amuont of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Aoide

my breasts look ok when nude and not in a bra but its embarrassing that i cant let my boyfriend to undress me
    I get the feeling that the OP would be thrilled if his wife would undress in private if she would let him just see her naked after she was felt comfortable, such as what you suggest.
    Unreg-fem wrote:
    . suppose thats why most men make their excuses and leave after a certain amuont of time
    If that's the case I'd say you are well off without those type of men anyway.
    There is not one person out there that has the "perfect body". At the end of the day, it's what's inside us that matters and if someone loves us then they see us in a more flattering light then we see ourselves, imperfections and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

To the op, there may be a few reasons which I'll outline below:-

Like another female poster - she may have had a minor operation on her breasts, and feels shy about showing them

She may have been subjected to teasing or have hairy nipples and had teasing

but to be honest the first thought that came to my mind was that she was touched inappopriatley/sexually abused, and the focus was on her breasts. I say this because she cannot bear for her breasts to be touched, it sounds like that she is comfortable with you seeing her lower half of her body, but has a dreaded fear of her breasts being seen. I could be wrong but the few things you said don't add up, I know a female friend of mine who hides her entire body, no guy will see her naked (that includes all parts) but she doesn't mind being touched anywhere. I have never heard of this problem that you have, but I do know of women who have fears due to past abuses of a sexual nature and any reminders of it cause great distress. This may be the case for your wife, if you want to broach this subject be very sure that you want to, you may open a whole heap of grief, having said that, but by denying things, it causes stuff to fester and disentigrate, but by bringing the truth out it is a bit like lancing a boil, it causes deep pain initially but in the long term healing can be achieved.

As for some of the really crass remarks I've read, I cannot believe that people can write such crap.

• Advertisement

When I was younger, I didn't want my boyfriend to feel my boobs. But one day I saw a TV show on sex stuff, and it said how sensitive they are to touch, etc. and after that, I let my boyfriend touch them etc and I liked it.

BUT if some guy came along telling me how I was just repressed and how I should let my hair down (so to speak) I would tell him to ufck off and mind his own business. Any time a guy comes along telling a woman to be sexually this way or that, it sounds like he's looking into it for his own pleasure, not hers and I get mad. So I would be patient with her, if you have already talked about it to no avail.

So sometimes I think that it's just people being ashamed of their bodies, never learning to love them int he first place. I'm comfortable with my body, overall, because when I walked in on my mom nude getting dressed, she didn't flinch or act ashamed.

Maybe her boobs don't measure up to what she thinks they should look like, maybe they are saggy, some people have stretch marks, maybe cellulite. Boobs come in all types of different shapes, and comparing yourself to what you see in teh media doesn't help. I did a lot of swimming as a kid, and in the change room I saw a lot of boobs and that's how I found that out. Maybe if she is in a change room with lots of older ladies, she might feel better about her own.

Maybe as she gets older and has kids she won't care as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I realise the situation is well short of crisis, but would an intermediary like a relationship counsellor be useful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I tried sneaking my hand up her top

I know you may have meant well, but when you try "sneaking" anything it reinforces the experience as subversive rather than as natural. And then you in her eyes, as you would in mine, turn into those 13 year old boys who tried to feel you up when you werent looking. Not sexy. Dont do it.

Absolutely 1000% agree with this.

If someone has a hangup about something, and you, as you say, try 'sneaking' your way around it - I'm surprised you didn't get a smack in the mouth. This is absolutely and utterly not the way to solve this.

At this stage, I'd suggest you gently broach the topic of your wife seeing a counsellor. I doubt 'talking to her' will work - she obviously has a deep-rooted issue that's centred around her breasts. Tell her it's not because you want to feel her breasts (even if it is) - tell her it's because you're worried about the idea that your wife has experienced something that's made her feel this bad about herself and you want her to feel better.

Incidentally - it may not be the case that 'something happened to her'. I find, more and more, that large numbers of Irish women suffer from shame and prudishness about their bodies, oftentimes instilled by the attitudes of their parents (moms, I'm looking at you here in particular) and their early schooling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭lau1247

you both have lots to drink and then you go about doing your business.. kidding..

yea that sneaking thing is not the best way to work it out..
    Praise her on her body maybe?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Unreg-fem wrote:
    i'm 26 & had a minor operation on my breast a few years ago and have to wear an implant in one my cups to fully match it to the other one so i have to dress and undress myself secretively in the next room. my breasts look ok when nude and not in a bra but its embarrassing that i cant let my boyfriend to undress me. suppose thats why most men make their excuses and leave after a certain amuont of time

Well if they feel you are keeping secrets from them, and acting a bit wierd its no surprise?

Does it not occur to you that most decent men would be honoured and flattered for you to trust them enough to tell them of your problem?

Speaking as a man, I think undressing my girlfriend is one of the best parts of a relationship, from the slow seductive bit a time, to the ripping each others clothes off in 10secs- its all damn good. :D

If a guys reached the stage where he's taking your bra off, he's not going to care if a gel bit falls out or not, especially if he knows the reason beforehand.

Be careful you're not pushing your hang ups about it onto the guys you meet.

I am appalled at the comments in this post where the words [ obliged to; must, has to;] etc are used in relation to the OP's wife.

The comment re marital rape is particularly offensive.

There is obviously a v serious issue here for both parties; no Radio Caroline or Russian for the OP and his wife missing out on all that is good about boobs, as well as being under perpetual strain about keeping them covered.

The OP says they have a great sex life, but as we know women can fake it, I dont know how she could have a great sex life and be all the time wondering is the OP going to do a "smash and grab",as before.

The issue is either in the mind or physical {Blinky} and needs professional help, if for no other reason that she needs to watch out for breast cancer.

OP, is there any history of BC in her family?

The other issue here is what happens if they have kids: no breast feeding, which will be bad for the nipper.

The way I would go is focus on the issue from the perspective of not being good for her, as opposed to the boobs being essentail to sex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭This is

you are married. oh my god. it sounds as if there is no real communication between you, has it only started to irritate u now? ... after you thought about everything u had and asked her MARRY YOU? i would be really annoyed if somebody i commited my life to wud not tell me y they hav a problem with themselves IN GENERAL, never mind the tits...

mind u a man needs a dw, LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'd reccomend couples therapy, or possibly counselling.
    But, most importantly, you should let your wife know how you feel about it.

Big Boob wrote:
    There has to be a reason why she doesn't like her boobs. You need her to tell you where this has come from and reassure her.
    I have big boobs and in my teens I used to get teased by my family and I have always been self conscious about them. I don't like showing them off and avoids walking around topless in front of my hubby but if he does catch me he always compliments me and I know he thinks they're lovely eventhough I would love them to be smaller.
    There is a big issue there for her if she won't even let you feel them in the dark. Is she isn't forthcoming you might bring it up with her best friend along the lines of "Laura has a hang up about her boobs do you know where it's coming from?" You might want to leave out the **** in the shower though.

I was thinking of asking her sister or friend if she has a problem with her boobs, its just a strange question to ask someone and I'm afraid it would get back to her.

I know there was no abuse with her or there is nothing mentally wrong with her.
    Big Boob wrote:
    You might want to leave out the **** in the shower though.

Its hard to break the habit of a lifetime, I was in an all boys school and after PE we hit the showers full of testerone and with boners we used to relieve ourselves in the showers sometimes with a Page 3 pic, also its a good way to let off steam.

While not meaning to be negative my wife does not do hand jobs it starts good but her arm gets tired and by the time she's ready again i've lost the feeling, this does not bother me as i can do it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

She might have inverted nipples and be very self conscious about it.....

While alot of the advice here is good, and some isn't so good, I think you have the wrong approach here.

To me, the big issue is your wifes unusual (for want of a better word) reluctance to let you see/feel her breasts, rather then the fact you are not getting to see/feel them+. As already stated, this may well have a bigger effect on her than just sexual pleasure. She might not be checking for lumps herself, or going for mamograms, or may refuse to breastfeed, or miss out on simple pleasures like going to the gym, or for spa treatments or a back massage.

What needs to be done here is to find out why your wife has this attitude to that part of her body. Nobody is saying her attitude is wrong, but as stated above, she may be missing out on so much in life. This would obviously need to be approached very delicately, and may require some professional help at some stage. Also, it takes time to heal psychological scars which it seems your wife may have.

If the root of the problem can be found, it can be addressed, and in time hopefully it can be 'cured' (again, not the ideal word). When that happens, all the rest will fall into place itself, including a fuller sexual experience for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭OrangeOranges

I was thinking of asking her sister or friend if she has a problem with her boobs, its just a strange question to ask someone and I'm afraid it would get back to her.
    strange
    Its hard to break the habit of a lifetime, I was in an all boys school and after PE we hit the showers full of testerone and with boners we used to relieve ourselves in the showers sometimes with a Page 3 pic, also its a good way to let off steam
    strange
    I felt them once from the outside and she quickly removed my hand I tried sneaking my hand up her top she did the same, .
    strange

Makes me think the thread is a complete fantasy or I wouldnt blame the wife..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

OP, assuming the thread is true and not a PI Friday night special, your wife sounds like she's simply not a sexual person. It happens, and to be honest, it's rare that two people in a relationship have the same sex drive. She's not as sexual as you and little will change over the next x years. Having said that if you're happy you're happy and I'm not suggesting you attempt to change her. Were there any subtle influences at work when you got married? Just curious...

You said you're completely sure there's no history or evidence of abuse or psychological disturbance in the mix - how have you determined this? Because she said there wasn't?

Something is up, and it's not you. You tease it out and attempt to solve it, or you have someone else tease it out and help you solve it - or you leave it lie and get used to the shower stall, because untended you will simply come to resent your wife for not sharing and eventually all sex will stop. How long this takes I can't advise you, but don't think it will never come to pass by ignoring it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭want2play

Im trying to deciede which one of you is weirder - marrying a girl that hasent the sence of security or trust in you to see her fully naked OR being a grown woman who wont let her husband feel or see her tits because it does nothing for her, you are been played, she's your wife find out her real issue and help her through it. You married her now communicate with her.

I'm is a very similar situation to the original poster. While I have seen parts of my wife naked I have only seen her fuly naked say 10 time over say 4 years and none recently. The bathroom door is even locked.

I could say is it because she has natal stretch marks and has love handles (althought she is very slim) (and yes I do tell her how much I love her and her current figure but all the comments have given me even more to think about together with other factors in our relationhip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The bathroom door is even locked.
    Don't worry, locking bathroom doors is perfectly normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Why don't you take a peek while she's asleep, see what all the fuss is about, see if she's hideously deformed or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭oleras

Victor wrote:
    Don't worry, locking bathroom doors is perfectly normal.

Maybe in a public toilet, not in your own home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Its hard to break the habit of a lifetime, I was in an all boys school and after PE we hit the showers full of testerone and with boners we used to relieve ourselves in the showers sometimes with a Page 3 pic, also its a good way to let off steam
    ok that's fairly weird. surely a page 3 pic in the shower would just go soggy..... especially if a load of boys were using it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

Its hard to break the habit of a lifetime, I was in an all boys school and after PE we hit the showers full of testerone and with boners we used to relieve ourselves in the showers sometimes with a Page 3 pic, also its a good way to let off steam.

This is nearly weirder than the topic of the thread. So so strange and actually quite terrifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

OP, have you actually asked her directly why she feels like this? (in a tactful manner of course)

It just sounds like you sneak around the issue rather than address it properly.

Some amount of crap posted on this thread, where are the mods?

• Advertisement
Advertisement