Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Video Capture Software

• 07-09-2006 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

I have a graphics card that allows me to connect an external device like a video
    camera into it. It connects via a s-video(in) port.

So I installed the software and got the latest drivers for the card. The software
    goes as far as copying the video coming in from the camera in real time in good
    quality but when it comes to playing back the video its really jittery. Its like there
    is too much to buffer and the PC cant keep up with it. I tried all sorts of settings
    and they all do the same. So my buffer problem isnt correct. It seems to be just
    ****e software.

So I tried Nero. And its not as advanced but I thought it might do the job. But
    now after trying to play back the video in nero , with nero! , its just a blue screen
    with audio coming through fine. Im in a bit of a pickle now. I can record using
    Fraps but the quality is not good and its jittery because my PC just cant seem
    to keep up with it. This is normal aprarently , according to google topics I
    found. They all warn not to use any other applications when Capturing video
    from a external device. Ive a single core CPU, but Fraps does not do good
    quality to make it worth my time upgrading to dual core.

So now I would like to try new software. Anyone know any? Id like to try the
    free or cheap ones first before moving onto something expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Is your card is a VIVO (video in-video out) one? Normally from judging by my own setup, the card takes the majority of the workload.
    It is advisable to restart the PC before doing any video work. On my old PC I would disconnect it from the net and disable virusscan and firewall so that nothing was running in the background.
    Jittery previews while recording are very normal in certain recording apps.
    Are you recording straight to MPEG or AVI? Your compression settings could be messing with your quality.

If you want to try new software, try Pinnacle software. They should have free trials available to download over the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Yeah its a VIVO card alright.

Ill try this pinnacle software and ill try cut out as many processes as I can that
    are running.

Thanks! Ill post back later

Advertisement