Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Idiot dog walker!!!!!!!

Options
  • 07-09-2006 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Was taking a trip to see the uncle today and was stopped at on red at a crossroads, other way was green.
    dog.bmp
    This idiot was at one corner, her dog at the other, traffic moving and there she was shouting at her dog to come across. When the light went green I moved to turn right as the v an at the opposite side let me out, the dog ran and I had to brake and swerve to avoid it.

Stupid b1t<h

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

ninty9er wrote:
    Was taking a trip to see the uncle today and was stopped at on red at a crossroads, other way was green.
    dog.bmp
    This idiot was at one corner, her dog at the other, traffic moving and there she was shouting at her dog to come across. When the light went green I moved to turn right as the v an at the opposite side let me out, the dog ran and I had to brake and swerve to avoid it.

Stupid b1t<h

Good lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

isn't it illegal to stop or swerve for an animal???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The dog should have been on a leash and you should have been proceeding with caution and been prepared to stop given the circumstances you just described.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

isn't it illegal to stop or swerve for an animal???

No, it's not illegal, it's just that you shouldn't swerve to avoid an animal if to do so would endanger yourself or others.
    You can't make instincts illegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Pretty much agree with The Muppet on this one.
    Even though the dog wasnt on a leash you should have been prepared for it to cross your path, even if she wasnt calling it.
    Dont really see what all the fuss is about, maybe another example of a post that could go in a bad beats/venting anger sticky thread.
    Kippy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You were stopped on the crossroads and saw the dog beyond. How then did you have to swerve when you got going? Was the dog going really really fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

erm given the choice id prefere to kill the dog and teach your one a lesson than swerve into the path of oncoming cars! If you saw her calling the dog why didnt you tak more precaution that you could comfortable stop rather than booting it thru and slamming on brakes and swerving?

BTW I am a dog lover so happy you didnt hit it :) but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I thought from the content of your previous posts that you would have all possibilities/permutations/combinations computed in about 10nS and allowed for such an eventuality.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

In fairness to ninty9er, dogs have a tendency to wait there looking at you. Then when you think they are not going to move at all, they bolt as fast as they can.

I would guess he didn't think the dog was going to move.

But, yes, that was indeed stupid on behald of the woman.

I was in the car with the bro a while back coming into Claregalway from Galway city. There was bad traffic but it was moving. We could both see a cat on the other side of the road. The bro just kept driving as usual, we saw the cat start to walk across the road and then it ran in front of the car and under our front wheel. I could hear the thud of it under the car. The point is that we were just as likely to hit it even if we tried to stop, so the bro didn't even brake.

If its safe to break then why not, but in traffic that can be dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

was in the car with the bro a while back coming into Claregalway from Galway city. There was bad traffic but it was moving. We could both see a cat on the other side of the road. The bro just kept driving as usual, we saw the cat start to walk across the road and then it ran in front of the car and under our front wheel. I could hear the thud of it under the car. The point is that we were just as likely to hit it even if we tried to stop, so the bro didn't even brake.
    Driving as usual,
    so he spotted a potential hazard on the road and kept going as normal,
    would slowing down not have been an option, which would mean it would be less of a danger to come to a complete stop had the animal actually come out in front of you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement