Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret next-gen news?

Options
  • 07-09-2006 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

I was not sure wether to put this here, or in Nintendo.... but this will do.

Anyway, read for yourself. Some hush hush next-gen announcement to be made at 5am tonight. I smell Wii :p.

(I am probably setting myself up for disappointment, perhaps it will be the HD-DVD price or something equally mundane!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

sweet i'm up tomarrow at 5 (today)

so i'll catch before going filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

hmmm next gen news... wonder what it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Maybe they're going to re-release the Atari Jaguar.. with like a next-gen digital clock attached to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

is this the news?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/wii-chip-production-started-3-weeks-ago-199243.php

Ouch what perfect timing.

Straight after Sony said they were cutting down on estimate numbers of Ps3s by the end of the year...

But its not as big as I was hoping...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah, well I guess it's good news, but hardly massive or even unexpected, oh well, roll on sept 15th where the hype can build all over again!

Joystiq's apology.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Meh...

I won't be happy until the final release date and price is announced for europe. Roll on September 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Meh...

I won't be happy until the final release date and price is announced for europe. Roll on September 15th
    I must admit I'm getting mighty nervous right now too, fearing the worst - no wii in europe this year, or the next worse, about 12 wii consoles in ireland before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I thought they were going to acknowledge the leaked price-list of peripherals from a few days ago... ho-hum i guess this is still news.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I must admit I'm getting mighty nervous right now too, fearing the worst - no wii in europe this year, or the next worse, about 12 wii consoles in ireland before christmas.

Why?? Its sounding more and more like there will be loads of Wiis (?) available for shipping. I think that there will be enough to cover most of the early adopters anyway! Plus having a nintendo home console sell out would actually be a god thing, same as the early x-box/ps2/360 shortages only served to make casual gamers think "wow that must be really good! That purple box mustnt be as good seeing as not as many people are buying it!"

Roll on Wii-day on the 14th/15th so we can hear when were getting it! Id say at most we'll have a months wait behind Japan/America, which would be awesome.

One other thing, say the Wii is released in Japan/America in mid-late October, there is now nothing to stop them launching it here on the 17th of November now... ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Gamecube was actually the fastest selling console at launch ever at the time it just didn't get reported. Hopefully we won't the newspaper reports similar to the PS2's first christmas stating how amazing it was that the PS2 sold out at launch despite the Dreamcast outselling it nearly 7:1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement