Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Éircom Broadband Slow

• 08-09-2006 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Is anyone having problems with Eircom's broadband service today? Mine is frustratingly slow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

...Bugger, it's probably my firewall settings..

I'm having to use my Ethernet (Cable) network card to access the Internet instead of my wireless network card. It says that the wireless connection is disconnected but I have never had this sort of problem before and do'nt know where to go.

Can anybody help me??????????????

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Kevster wrote:
    I'm having to use my Ethernet (Cable) network card to access the Internet instead of my wireless network card. It says that the wireless connection is disconnected but I have never had this sort of problem before and do'nt know where to go.

Can anybody help me??????????????

Not without a lot more information re equipment set up etc etc.

The wireless card is a Belkin 54mbps and the router is a Netopia Cayman 3347W. It's all working fine now though. All I had to do was obtain the SSID and simply type it in - I was assuming that the card would pick up the SSID itself and allow me to select it from a list but it didn't.

Kevin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It depends on the way the Netopia is set up - do you have the netopia set up to broadcast the SSID?

• Advertisement

That's interesting- How do you set it up to broadcast the SSID?

Advertisement