Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

about the text book...

Options
  • 08-09-2006 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭

aiye....1st year UCDers here....
    just wondering.....:p we start our class on monday....i have heard tat we dont need much books in college.....but........r we coming in college with no book?do we get a booklist or something soon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You haven't got all your books yet?? Oh dear..

Next you'll be telling us you don't have your uniform ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Sangre wrote:
    You haven't got all your books yet?? Oh dear..

Next you'll be telling us you don't have your uniform ready!

love ur joke~~~~:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Condoriano

seraphimvc wrote:
    just wondering.....:p we start our class on monday....i have heard tat we dont need much books in college.....but........r we coming in college with no book?do we get a booklist or something soon?

Depending on which classes you have, you should recieve a booklist from those which require books. Then you go to the campus bookshop and buy the books that you need, or buy them second hand off another student in a higher year.
    So no need to worry about it yet, but do bring a pen and something to write on. Or if you have good memory don't wory about that either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'd hold off for a little while from buying - the lecturers will generally tell you what books they recommend and how vital it is to have personal access to a copy - if you are considering a book and it's not like a novel or something, i.e. a text book go to the library and check it out in there - have a bit of a read of it etc and see if it's a book you like and could work from - no point buying a book you never use because you don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

seraphimvc wrote:

You'll most likely get a course outline during your first week which will include a booklist.

Wouldn't advise using the campus bookshop unless totally necessary. It's majorly over-priced. I did English and History and had a shít load of books to buy and I got them through Amazon and saved a fortune. The campus bookshop might be handy but you'll get them far cheaper if you look elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Don't need to buy any books. Just use library smartly e.g. reserve system, short term loan etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

thanks alot ,guys!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah even when you get your booklist in class you never use most of them. At least in arts anyway. I have lots of unread irish books.

Advertisement