Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel search engines from USA to IRL?

Options
  • 08-09-2006 4:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

As it turns out I may have to fly to Dublin next week. I thought I had more time to shop around for a ticket but I dont.

I was wondering what people here who live in the US use when they need short notice tickets to Ireland?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I just use expedia.com or since I fly with Aer Lingus mostly, just use aerlingus.com. I don't know what part of the US you are in but I booked a flight from Chicago O'Hare to Dublin with American Airlines as they do their own direct service now (no co-share) as well as Aer Lingus and was cheaper.:) Depends if you want a direct flight though which are obviously more limited. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

In the past I always end up using Aer Lingus or Delta the last trip. However its a little pricey next week except for Sept 11, gee wonder why. I would fly Sept 11 only both my passports are in renewal and I cant speed either of them up by Monday. So I need a few more days.

But thanks so much. Im flying from NYC - thinking of booking a cheap sale NYC - London and then another seperate cheapo London-Dublin, but by the time the taxes add up its six and one ya know.

Ive also found for future referance travelocity to be quite good, Im just hoping someone out there knows something I dont about cheap fares last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tall Tom

Yeah, I use Orbitz or Aerlingus.com. Since you are in NYC already, you should be able to get a nice direct flight from JFK.

For me though, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity all seem to have the same prices. One thing to remember, if you see a good deal on on of these sites by a certain airline, try looking at that direct airline's website to see if you can get it cheaper. I have also done that a couple of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭pvt. joker

you're pretty much SOL at the last minute. try travelzoo.com and see if they have any specials

Advertisement