Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Flames

• 08-09-2006 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

What's the story with this band? I saw one of their videos on the telly the other night and the music sounded pretty good, but when the singer started singing (whinging about how strong he has to be to survive his miserable life), he just sounded like Jonathon Davis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Must have been a single from 'Soundtrack To Your Escape'. Probably 'The Quiet Place'. Anders did sound a bit whiny on that record. Don't judge them on that though, their previous records are heavier and the singing isn't like that. Their most recent effort 'Come Clarity' is a return to form too. They've got slicker sounding and more accessible with each record. Some fans see this as selling out or whatever.
    'Soundtrack...' wasn't even that bad a record. Listen to 'Touch Of Red', one of my favourite In Flames songs. So much good music is coming from Scandinavia these days it's uncanny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I like to think Soundtrack doesn't exist.

If ya want some real In Flames, get The Jester Race. A masterpiece!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭billsteersnose

Sound! Thanks everyone. I'll pick up one of their earlier albums after work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Reroute to Remain, and Soundtrack to Your Escape both had dire singing, and were generally poor albums (RtR made my stomach heave tbh, awful stuff), their latest album (Come Clarity) is a step in the right direction, dual guitar melodies are back, and Anders is sounding a LOT better, but their best stuff is definately on Whoracle and the Jester Race, 2 unbelievable albums that no colelction should be without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Indeed, check out The Jester Race, fantastic album. Whoracle is also good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

The first couple of albums are great, up to "Whoracle". "Colony" and "Clayman" are ok. Fun to listen to, but to be honest no real substance in my opinion. The edge on their sound was gone really. I liked "Reroute to Remain". I thought it was a bit punchier than the two that proceeded it. Well for the first couple of songs. It gets quite samey after that. It all went downhill from there though and quickly...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I like Come Clarity. I can't say it sounds like another band out there. The vocals aren't great but I have to say that they do fit the music. I enjoy alot of In Flames' lyrics too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

In Flames old stuff isnt bad, but everything they've released since the turn of the century has been ****. people have said Come Clarity is a step in the right direction, back to the older stuff, but i'm not one of those people.

**** happens tho, you cant expect bands to remain the same throughout the course of their careers (unless they're AC/DC :P), theyd become boring if they did (unless they're AC/DC :P).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Arucard wrote:
    **** happens tho, you cant expect bands to remain the same throughout the course of their careers (unless they're AC/DC :P), theyd become boring if they did (unless they're AC/DC :P).
    Amon Amarth :)
    (o/t: I dont like AC/DC at all though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

^haha, ok, there may be some exceptions to the rules. hmmm, maybe its just bands that drink a lot.... :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement