Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys Question

Options
  • 08-09-2006 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

This may be a bit of a blond question, but I am changing the 18 inch rims on my car for 17s so that I can use slightly higher profile tyres (sick of getting flats). Can I put any 17 inch rims on, or do only certain rims fit certain cars???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

You can practically use any size wheel once the pcd and offset are correct,what car is it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

05 Hyundai coupe with evo kit. I think it is lowered also (but not sure)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Hmmm,those bigger wheels could be stopping the car scraping the ground,especially if its lowered or full of ice at the rear.Nothing worse that the crunching bodykit going over ramps!

Just once the new wheels mathc your stud fitment and offset then pick what you think will suit it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭qazz

the smaller alloy the higher tyre profile. the diameter should be similar.

Advertisement