Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paint and Body Repair

Options
  • 08-09-2006 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I did a little damage to my 02 Stilo
    a couple of weeks ago.
    Coming out of a gate and rubbed the back panel (over the left back wheel) off a gate.
    It pushed in the panel and left black paint down the side just over the wheel is all.
    Just wondering if anyone has any idea how much this might cost to repair?

Also a mystery hole appeared in one of my back lights :mad: , I know prices probably vary but any idea what that might cost too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

I have a similar problem. Yesterday I back into my mothers 03 micra. Very little damage done to her car and none to mine. Its just the back bumper of her car has some damage and rather than shelling out for a new bumper whaich would cost an arm and a leg I would like to be able to patch it up myself. I have no idea what I would need to do this though. The damage is so minute that maybe a little bit of filler and a touch up pen might even do the job. But I was wondering if there is a better way.

@ The goose: I take it that the panel is metal? You might still be able to push it out. I'd be very, very careful if trying to do that though. Could bring it to a panel beaters if you wern't confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

can get suction pads yourself that'll pull it out and just use a bit of filler. pannel beater would charge ya about 70 to 150 depending on extent of damage (well in the countryside of cork theyd charge that anyway...) as for your light just get it second hand off a scrap yard dealer. New ones are costly enough. Should be handy to pick up really.

Advertisement