Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help removing mastick filler from plughole

Options
  • 08-09-2006 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to easily/quickly remove this without damaging the bath?
    Our builders plumber had broken the threads when fixing the plughole to the bath, so just lashed a load of plastic filler to hold it underneath. Now it has leaked. I need to remove this filler and I am not having much success.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

You can get a tube of silicone dissolver. I think this is new on the market. I used it recently and it did work. They sell it in woodies, etc. I can't say that it will do the same on mastick or even if it appropriate for you needs only you can decide that.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Thanks, I will check out Woodies today, it will save me a lot of time if it works.

Advertisement