Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

It swallowed my CD!!! (Car Radio)

Options
  • 08-09-2006 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Is there a cure for car cd head units that swallow cd's?

Was putting one into the car from dads old van, cd went in offcourse and it played but wouldnt come out :mad: I think even pressing the button doesnt activate the mechanism for pushing it out again :(

Is it just a mater of cleaning it out on the inside? I've no problem opening up the unit.

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

This happened to me with an old Blaupunkt CD player. I ended up having to remove the head unit and then taking off its top cover and gently teased the CD out. After that it worked perfectly :confused: I suppose there may have been dirt or something in it that shifted as I was taking out the CD, but I didn't see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

What make of radio is it?Alot have a "reset" button on them which you stick a nib or pin into and it will eject the cd,another one that works when it seems like the unit has stalled is to disconnect the iso block for a minute and reconnect and it shoukd pop out

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

my radio is like the cd roms in pc's. There is a pin hole under the space for the cd and this will manually eject the cd. Not ideal but if you have a paperclip handy will do the job grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

yeah, check for a pin hole on the front, and jam a straightened paper clip in it if there is one. And if you do have to take it apart to get the disc out and find it's full of dirt, I'd recommend getting a can of compressed air to clean it out (you can get them from Maplin and similar places that sell electronics junk).

Advertisement