Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend

• 08-09-2006 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

If you must fly to football, Aer Arann do Sligo

Eircom League Premier Division Fixtures
    08 September 2006
    Shelbourne - Longford Town 8:00
    Drogheda United - Cork City 7:45
    UCD - St Patrick's Athletic 7:45
    Waterford United - Bray Wanderers 7:45
    09 September 2006
    Sligo Rovers - Bohemians 7:45 :cool:

Eircom League First Division Fixtures
    08 September 2006
    Athlone Town - Kilkenny City 7:45
    09 September 2006
    Finn Harps - Cobh Ramblers 7:45
    Kildare County - Galway United 7:30
    10 September 2006
    Shamrock Rovers - Limerick FC 3:00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Drogheda vs Cork is live ar TG4 anocht.

City are without Gamble, O'Flynn, and George so Im not expecting a win. Title challenge will end tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Hope you're right! :)

Shels should dispose of Longford, although we drew 0-0 in Tolka last time, and IIRC they had a few chances that had me bricking it!
    Drogs and Cork, hmmm... I think a draw, best result all round too I think.
    UCD and Pats, score draw, 1-1.
    Bray should dispose of Waterford I would imagine, but both teams are pretty poor (hence their occupying the bottom 2 spots).

I'd say Rovers and Limerick'd be an alright game on Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Einst&#252 wrote: »

Shels should dispose of Longford, although we drew 0-0 in Tolka last time, and IIRC they had a few chances that had me bricking it!
    Drogs and Cork, hmmm... I think a draw, best result all round too I think.
    UCD and Pats, score draw, 1-1.
    Bray should dispose of Waterford I would imagine, but both teams are pretty poor (hence their occupying the bottom 2 spots).

I'd say Rovers and Limerick'd be an alright game on Sunday!
    You going for four draws tonight then :eek:

I think we'll beat Longford, but we have been leaking goals lately, silly goals, if Nutsy has managed to drag himself from his Bohemians Negotiations this week and had a word with the defence to sort them out then we should be ok.

I'd go for a Cork City win if they can muster a goal, but I think their title aspirations were gone weeks ago.

Pat's have been playing well lately, so I'll say they'll beat College.

Bray will beat Waterford.

Yes, the Rovers Limerick game should be a good game - two nice teams there.

:eek: No! Two! :) Shels, Bray to win. Drogs/Cork and UCD/Pats as draws!

Pity I explain things like a 4 year old on crack! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

Anything could happen at Sligo v Bohs. We have the usual clutch of players missing, but if the kids perform as they did in our 2-1 v Drogs, that'll be ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Einst&#252 wrote: »

Alas that was the towns first match when we tried to play some sort of football, the last few matches to put it mildly have been so bad it isnt funny. Would love to see us grab a draw from this game but cant see anything other that a shelbourne win :(

Are you going to be in Tolka tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Pat's have been playing well lately, so I'll say they'll beat College

Which Pats is this?

one 0-0 draw away from hope doesnt mean we are on any kind of form
    and its against UCD if there is any more than one goal in the game I will be shocked and its an almost certin 0-0 game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Nope Seansouth, was in dublin most the week but had to come home for a bit of work! Was hoping to get back up this evening but have to be back here for 8am so nogo :(

I'd offer you a lift, but we'd have to leave early as I'm not the fastest with a few stone on my back!

• Advertisement

Looks like it's working alright at the minute!

Live Updates and commentary from Tolka Park of the match against Longford, the post game highlights and video - will we have a Pat Fenlon exclusive in that one? Check it out from about midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

johnos wrote:
    Anything could happen at Sligo v Bohs. We have the usual clutch of players missing, but if the kids perform as they did in our 2-1 v Drogs, that'll be ok!
    Agreed that anything can happen but we've had the better of things in our meetings so far this season and hopefully that will continue tomorrow. I fancy the Rovers to get something from this game, we've only lost once at home all season in the league. We also have the positive of Harpal Singh who has hit a golden patch of form for us at the moment. A win would see us stretch wee away from you while a loss for us will see your guys back in the hunt for fifth spot. Nervy times.

Prepare for annihilation. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I think Sligo - Bohs will be a draw, and both will be happy enough with that, could be a 0-0. Had a feeling there would be a few draws tonight as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

seansouth wrote:

Bray will beat Waterford.

We're drinking lourdes water down here now. 2 on the bounce!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Comfortable win for Shels, one goal a superb finish by Gary O'Neill, another a tap-in from Crowe (who should have had more). Ndo created both and got MOTM and wasn't anywhere near his best. Cahill almost smashed the bar with an effort. Oh and Nutsy was mobbed by adoring 12 year olds at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Desperate stuff last night for Cork City, my stomach dropped when Mick Devine picked up a ball passed back by a City player in the box. Also saw a chance for Drogs smash the crossbar. City's league challenge definitely over, then again, with the way Drogs were finishing last night, there's will be too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Shelbourne 2 - 0 Longford Town
    7 mins Goal O'Neill
    66 mins Goal Crowe

Drogheda United 0 - 0 Cork City

UCD 0 - 0 St Patrick's Athletic

Waterford United 3 - 0 Bray Wanderers
    36 mins Goal Cawley
    72 mins Goal Brosnan
    90 mins Goal Kavanagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

its a bit sad on an Irish board that the weekends football has to be qualified with the word "Irish" and English football needs only the word Prem !

Agreed that anything can happen but we've had the better of things in our meetings so far this season and hopefully that will continue tomorrow. I fancy the Rovers to get something from this game, we've only lost once at home all season in the league. We also have the positive of Harpal Singh who has hit a golden patch of form for us at the moment. A win would see us stretch wee away from you while a loss for us will see your guys back in the hunt for fifth spot. Nervy times.

Prepare for annihilation. :p
    I see Mansaram's back. Still, I don't think it's easy to predict, and with luck Sligo complacency may rebound.

gustavo wrote:
    its a bit sad on an Irish board that the weekends football has to be qualified with the word "Irish" and English football needs only the word Prem !
    100% Agree

• Advertisement

Minority following. Sad but true...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

pp_me129 wrote:

Waterford United 3 - 0 Bray Wanderers
    36 mins Goal Cawley
    72 mins Goal Brosnan
    90 mins Goal Kavanagh

The Eircom League is upside down, upside down, upside down!

johnos wrote:
    I see Mansaram's back. Still, I don't think it's easy to predict, and with luck Sligo complacency may rebound.
    I'm most certainly not complacent about a match with Bohs, I do fancy the Rovers to get something out of this though. I hope that they aren't taking this match for granted, I don't think that Sean Conner would allow that mentality to enter the dressing room. I don't think that the bohsnews link shows any complacency on Sligo's bench about tonight's game.

It's 0-0 at the moment, according to Aertel. Early in the second half now.

Adam Hughes scores in the 85th minute to give Rovers the lead! :D

Five minutes left. 1-0 to the Bit O'Red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Five minutes injury time.

If Sligo hang on they go fourth. And Cork will drop to fifth.

Good win for Sligo and that pushes them up to 4th. Sean Connor has bought some good players in on top of a good team that was there.

There is a buzz in the north-west thesedays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Damn right there is!
    Wasnt the best of games a draw would have been fair enough we both hit the woodwork once , Mistake by Stephen O Brien allowed us to score!+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

3rd place is a real possibilty for Rovers now. Possible Setanta Cup spot and Intertoto.

And of course they're still in the FAI Cup. Killester(?) at home in the quarters.

Fair play. Rovers are on a roll and I wish 'em well. At least it seems as if Bohs didn't lie down, as has happened so often before this season.

Re 'Irish' in the thread title. I agree that it's a pity that 'Football this weekend' isn't enough. In an ideal world, the country domain would serve that function, but you can't get away from the fact that most Irish football fans currently follow British clubs.

• Advertisement

I don't think that the bohsnews link shows any complacency on Sligo's bench about tonight's game.
    Apologies: wrong link. I meant to refer to a Mirror story, in which Conner was looking past the game to Cork.

Mistake by Stephen O'Brien, why does that not surprise me? :mad:

Sligo may even get Setanta just by shoring up 4th, if Derry win the FAI Cup.

Hes definately a weak link every time Ive seen him this season.

Remember the opeining day vs Drogs and he had a mare then for the goal. Been downhill from there.

"Was" a great Keeper!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

johnos wrote:
    Re 'Irish' in the thread title. I agree that it's a pity that 'Football this weekend' isn't enough. In an ideal world, the country domain would serve that function, but you can't get away from the fact that most Irish football fans currently follow British clubs.

Or maybe its because there are other football threads thats it handy to know what your are clciking on? Theres a Seire A, premiership and usually a championship one. Its only right there be an "Irish" or "EL" in the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Or maybe its because there are other football threads thats it handy to know what your are clciking on? Theres a Seire A, premiership and usually a championship one. Its only right there be an "Irish" or "EL" in the title.
    What was meant in the first place was that the Irish football has "Irish" before it but English only has "Prem". Silly argument to be quite honest, but still.

Advertisement