Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What electives are you doing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

fatal wrote:
    Frontiers of Physics and Developmental&Biol Psychology..why??
    i dunno........

I did Developmental&Biol Psychology last year. Good enough, kinda interesting + in the development lectures you watch loadsa cute baby videos.

I'm (now, just changed it there) doing biology in the modern world and global justice. I found it really really difficult to find stuff that I had any interest in to fit into my timetable.

Have they stopped saying if stuff is oversubscribed? Saw that yesterday but cant see it now

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Damn electives. I couldn't take anything Physics related cos it always either
    i) Clashed with my lectures
    ii) Incompatible with Physics for Engineers
    or
    iii) About agriculture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

1st law has 2 "electives" that aren't exactly elective. Which is pretty **** to be honest.

One of the bigest reasons for going to ucd for me was the horizons program and then we are told that there's two elective modules that are all but compulsary. Frankly I feel extremely let down, but i get the feeling that thats going to happen to me alot throughout my time here.

I might try to enrol to two excess modules when the spillover opens on monday but all i'll be left with is the dregs. :(

How/when do we know if we've got the electives? The application for them apparently closed an hour ago and still nothing on my Connect account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

hopefully doing drama, both semesters, but it was over booked the other day, so prob won't get it...although this morning when I checked there was no big red warnings on it...when do we know for sure if we've got it or not?

• Advertisement

Just got the email. I'm doing Robotics Design Project and Graphics in Design.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Got my email, confirmed in global justice + biology for the modern world. Hoping to find something better than global justice, I'll see tomorrow what the other peeps in my class r doing.

Wait, woot college 2moro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Recieved an email confirming my elective choices and I'm doing 2nd year Sociology module in Nation and Empire and a 2nd year Politics elective module in Politics of the EU.Along with my core and option choices for 2nd year Politics and Sociology.

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Beginners japanese for me in semester 1 (what is it with computer nerds and japanese??) and Introduction to management in semester 2. Both confirmed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

what is it with computer nerds and japanese??
    Anime :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I didn't get into my 2 first law electives which are apparently as crucial as core modules. I also can't seem to drop them from my enrolment page to be able to enrol to anything else. The student desk and law program office are going to be getting an absolute roasting from me in about an hours time.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

I'm doing politics (northern Ireland) and then art history (antiquity). I'm hoping that the art history module'll be a walk in the park, greek architecture you say?...I wish my classics major would provide me with some kind of background in that field of study :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

introduction to political theory and great management ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'm doing one in English critical readings, and one on the history and use of rhetoric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

why is it that when i go into the"blackboard" through UCD connect that under the "courses enrolled",my two electives arent listed?Is it happening to anyone else aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

NONE of my courses are listed...?!?! not electives, not core modules :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I wouldn't worry about Blackboard. Frist of all your lecturers might not use blackboard so then your courses won't appear there. Or secondly they're still sorting out the mess they call a registration process and your courses will start to pop up. If you're really worried email IT services but I'd say by the end of the week any courses that are supposed to be there will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'm enrolled into my core subjects but i cant choose my feckin electives cause sis is dead, there seems to bhe a major glitch in the matrix....very annoying...all my prefered electives are being filled as we speak and i cant get in to enrol...i'm going to end up with some absolute ****e :( why me God, WHY!??!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Just got the email. I'm doing Robotics Design Project and Graphics in Design.

Robotics is so much fun... frustrating but fun... and no exam!

I still haven't got a e-mail confirming my courses... what do I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

hey ferd I didn't get either of mine! Dong Childrens Lit and some other yoke now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

abelard wrote:
    1st law has 2 "electives" that aren't exactly elective. Which is pretty **** to be honest.

One of the bigest reasons for going to ucd for me was the horizons program and then we are told that there's two elective modules that are all but compulsary. Frankly I feel extremely let down, but i get the feeling that thats going to happen to me alot throughout my time here.

I might try to enrol to two excess modules when the spillover opens on monday but all i'll be left with is the dregs. :(

abelard, if Law are trying to force you into staying within your course for your elective choices, or even "seriously encouraging" you, then let the Students' Union know about it. I was aware of this problem (very bad in Law for some reason) last year and told the Registrar who wasn't happy at all, so please do let somebody know if that's still the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

abelard wrote:

No they didn't say that. They said that Legal Systems and Methods were compulsory up until last year and that they'd advise you to do it..that's not really making it mandatory for you to pick it as your elective! I did, but that's because I wanted to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Just registered today, so I kinda got reemed out of the good stuff.

So I chose beginners Czech (?), Probs of philosophy and (woops:edit:) info studies (thanks to other thread)(better be good).

And pretty much everything else was incompatable with my timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Anime :p
    Fuck yes =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'm doing German and Information Studies - From Papyrus to CyberSpace :D

Advertisement