Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Stoage

Options
  • 08-09-2006 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Moving into a tiny one bed appartment due to escalating property prices. No where really to put my MTB, hope to upgrade to hybrid next year anyhow. Anyone with some helpful recommendations as regards storing? Dont want to leave outside. Would those wall mounted units work on plasterboard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

if you have a balcony id just buy a cover and leave it out there
    you can really hang it up inside if its wet or mucky or whatever (which it will be 85% of the time over here)
    That Seinfeld fella has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

You could get something similar to this and put it in the hallway (or bedroom). A piece of plastic on the ground should take care of any muddly splashes.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?Main=ProductDetail.aspx&W=0&Manufacturer=&UberCatName=&Cat=cycle&CategoryName=Storage&ProdID=-287160690&UberCat=0
    minoura%20bike%20tower%2005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40 makospeed

Greebo is right, chain it to the balcony, if this is not an option and space is at a premium you can buy a hoist system which takes up no floor space. I use a Saris storage rack which takes 2 bikes and can be moved around if nessessary. Wiggle has a good range of storage devices. the other option is if your apartment has a secure car park but be wary my mates have had bikes stolen from supposedly secure underground car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Look in Cycle SuperStore in Tallaght.

If you hang it on the wall, screw the bolt into the wooden stud behind the plasterboard (borrow a stud detector).

Advertisement