Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Property Developments

Options
  • 08-09-2006 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

* This probably didn't deserve it's own thread, but I browsed the sticky's and couldn't find what I was looking for. *

Basically I am wondering if there is a website that lists all proposed residential developments in Ireland, along with developments that are currently under way and soon to be launched.

I am keen to buy an apartment in the Dublin North West area, and obviously if I could buy form plan I would save myself a fortune, but short of actually contacting each individual developer (which I have actually already done :eek: )

Is there a web site, or even a newspaper/magazine, that I should keep my eye on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nimble75

Buy an apartment in Dublin? I would have one piece of advice for you

Print out this article, read it carefully, and decide whether you really want to buy a hugely overpriced property in Dublin which you will be able to buy for a fraction of the price in a few years.....it's not speculation, it's a certainty!!

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/saxena082206.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Buying from plans in Dublin doesn't save you much money anymore. Developers are lazy now because the demand is there. Most blocks that I have seen in the last year that are off the plans are the same price as ones which are built and have show apartments.

You could try keeping an eye on dublincity.ie for planning applications.
    Other than that the usual sites of the estate agent sites are the best bet. Myhome.ie isn't usually up to date with new developments.
    hok.ie and hookemacdonald.ie have most new and up coming developments.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

nimble75 wrote:

a certainty!!

Only thing certain in life is death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

kearnsr wrote:
    Only thing certain in life is death.
    and bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think myhome.ie has a new developments section.

• Advertisement
Advertisement