Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magnet installation?

• 08-09-2006 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Can anyone with magnet tell me if the self install is difficult to do, is it all wireless or will i have cables running all over the place> still deciding on whether to get magnet of not

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

It's a bit more complicated than a standard install because you're setting up VoIP and TV as well as your PC.

They do a good job labeling and colour coding everything to make it easy enough.

Here's how it goes, sounds complicated, but follow their guide and do one step at a time

First connect your incoming phone line to the line input socket on the Magnet Modem/router. (+ Plug router into power outlet)

Next for the phone there are 3 ways to do it

A: if they sent you a VoIP phone then it's just an ethernet device so plug it into port on router (+ connect to AC adapter)

B: if they sent you an ATA (analog terminal adapter) that too is an enternet device so connect it to router (+ connect AC adapter). Then plug your old analog phone into the ATA

C: neither of the above then use the ATA that's built into the router.
    If there's a 2 way phone adapter (marked line1 / line 2) in the box, plug that into the phone output on the router, then plug your phone into line1 socket.
    Otherwise just plug phone into phone output on router.

The TV box also is an ethernet device so plug it into an ethernet port on the router.
    Also connect it to TV via SCART (+ AC adapter)

For your computer either connect it to an ethernet port on the router or connect wirelessly (if computer has wifi card)

If you have several computers you may need a hub, (just connect devices to hub, then hub to magnet router), I mention this because even though the router has 4 ports the TV & Phone (if not using built in ATA) will have taken 2 before you even start to add computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭xbox360dublin

hey man, thanks for the response, sound complicated with lots of wires all over the place :) sure i will give it a go when it arrives

Advertisement