Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch repair estimate?

Options
  • 08-09-2006 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Would anyone here be able o giv me a rough estimate on how much it costs to repair a broken clutch? I think its the cable gone but I'm not really sure. An ex-mechanic is going to do it for me but he never gave an estimate. Maybe someone has had this done before, how much did you pay?
    Any thoughts appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You don't mention the car and you are unsure of the exact problem.
    The price to replace a clutch cable is quite different from replacing the clutch plates, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

It a Fiat Putno. What would it be for a clutch cable or clutch plate then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

change the whole clutch . if its slipping you need to replace the whole thing , if its stiff changing gears its the pressure plate, either way change the whole thing and also replace transmission oilwhile youre atit , youd be lookin at 250-350 ata local mechanic i wouls estimate

Advertisement