Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Systems and Tactics

Options
  • 08-09-2006 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I hope some of you that have played on astro before can give me a dig out here.

I have a few formations in my head, but would appreciate some input.

A straight 4-4-2. Simple enough really.

Here's another one :
    tact.JPG
    In this system I see a good defensive basis,

with the DMF setting up attacks through either the wingers, the AMFs (Red Lines)

or

a ball up to the Striker, who then feeds the supporting 4 players (AMC and Wingers) (Blue Lines)

Do you like my whiteboard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

that looks interesting alright Des. I guess it all depends on what players we have and you're the one who's seen everyone we have play.

I'm a fan of 3-5-2 when a team is not very familiar with each other cos of the margin for error it gives in the middle, but it means you just have to have great wing backs (your man John I think in the barca jersey looks like one, good player). But the 4-5-1 setup on your snazzy dashboard there also gives margin for error in the middle of the park too, it'd be nice to have a few setups under our belt before we play in the league.

By the way, who was your man Stephen on my team last night, quality player?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

john (lepo) came up with me last night but hes off to france for the week so wont be around for next thurs,also hes not sure if hes up for the league as hes going into the final year in college

ill keep the pressure on him though,hes got some shot on him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

By the way, who was your man Stephen on my team last night, quality player?

That's my friend I was talking about, he's a ref and his life is basically sport, he's extremely fit, doesn't drink either and eats well too. He's got a great peno taking record for his old club too, something like 19 taken, 18 goals and the one he missed I think he may have been injured. He played left back for his first team I think and he played back for his current team, he was put up front with a quarter of the season left and caught up with the teams top scorer in that time. He will definitely be paying the €100 too. Everyone calls him Heffo though, so there's two Heffos now.

Whats the name of the chap in the red and white stripes again? Sounds very similar to cormie and I thought I was being referred to twice as much as I was last night because of it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

yeah cormie your friend was a fast mofo, he looked the fittest out there last night by a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Because the games are on astro, all the balls forward will have to go to the striker's feet. Any through balls will skid on the flat surface and be too difficult to catch up to and control.

If we use one striker then the two attacking midfielders need to be there in support all the time. I think Jules is the man to hold it up. He's big and tough to get around. His touch is handy as well so lay offs will be good.

The two boys on the right wing on both sides were quite impressive (the guy in the red zip up on the other team and barry on mine). Both would be good outlets out wide.

The defensive midfielder needs to sit most of the time so we effectively have two sets of 5 players i.e. backs and DMF playing deep to cover the no offside. The other 5 can then stick to attacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'd definitely be a fan of this system, with Enda and Heffo (not my Heffo, he was just making up the numbers :D) on either flank, a bit like Chelsea tbh.

Advertisement