Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Only allowed 1 booking in 12 games

• 08-09-2006 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Kenny Miller is suspended for Scotland's next game against France because he picked up 2 bookings in the first 2 qualifiers. With the rate at which yellow cards are handed out nowadays and with groups much bigger than they were 20 years ago surely this should be changed?

Richard Dunne will have to avoid going in hard in the tackle for the next 11 games. Shay Given will have to avoid things like time wasting and shouting at the ref. Steven Reid will also have to avoid a booking now for the next 11 games. They're probably better off getting purposely banned for the San Marino game.

2 bookings in 3 games at the world cup and your banned, people think that's harsh. Surely 2 bookings in 12 games for a banning is absolutely ridiculous? I can absolutely guarantee you that Dunne will be suspended for a game in the current qualifiers. Let's hope it's not against one of the tougher teams.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, man utd were accused of doing it a couple of years ago in CL qualifiers i think.
    i guess if theres a system in place, then play to the strengths of it.

all teams need to abide by the same rules, so its not as if there is anything unfair. although i do think a suspecnsion for 2 yellows is overly harsh. 5 like in the EPL would be more my thinking tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I'd say 5 is maybe a bit much but 3 or 4 would make more sense alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

That's why we have squads.

And besides, with the number of shítty teams knocking around these days it mean you can 'engineer' a suspension when you have to play San Marino (or whoever) at home in your next game and the net effect is it doesn't make a lick of difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

It does put the sh*tier teams at a disadvantage though.

If for example we were to lose a centre back, we would be screwed..Germany lost 3 (?) and seemed ok...

Smaller teams squads and replacements decline in quality on a much steeper slope while bigger, better sides have much more depth for replacement, so it dosen't really efect them...

I think 3 bookings for suspension is fair.

But, as said before, eeryone plays the same rules..

Advertisement