Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanet fixed wireless tech query

• 08-09-2006 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

anyone using their service with a wireless router ?

the cable modem is very old and basic , LAN outputs 10 instead of 10 and 100 etc

Just wondering does one have to clone MAC address to get a wireless router to work ,( setting up Saturday for a customer ) permanet tech support failed to call me back after 2 requests over the last few days

Just wondering is anyone using a wireless router with their service as don't want any surprises during setup and the fact they don't have tech support that will call back for a simple query and no useful faqs on website doesn't help ......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I am, but I'm with Eircom, not a cable service. never heard of anyone having trouble with not using the default box though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

formatman wrote:
    the cable modem is very old and basic , LAN outputs 10 instead of 10 and 100 etc
    If it only has one ethernet port, and the incoming broadband is less than 10MB, what would be the point of advertsing the ethernet port as being capable of 100MB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I just answered something similar on another thread ... but you can hook the ethernet out of the cable modem to a wireless router eg Linksys WRT54G and then use that for wireless connection aswell as 4 other direct connect pc's.

Advertisement