Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Columba's School North Strand

Options
  • 08-09-2006 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Has anyone heard of this school? What's the scoop? Is it nice? Thinking of sending my son there, as we may be moving to the Fairview area and would appreciate some feedback.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Amongst your average secondary school student Columba's has a reputation of a snob's school. I've been there for races many times. The grounds are massive, and I'm sure it's a nice place, but don't think I personally would like to be sent there.

It reminded me of Hogwarts from Harry Potter, mainly cos they have to wear capes in church p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 susiesue

Is that not the boarding school in Rathfarnham?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's a small school, with a good community atmosphere. A similar style school would be the one at the bottom of the Howth Road, the other end of Fairview (don't know the name of it, sorry).

Both schools would send kids on to a number of local second-level schools, including Joey's in Fairview, Larkin in the city centre, O'Connell's, Mount Temple and Holy Faith in Clontarf.

It always struck me as quite a nice place, from what I see of the kids going in and out. I live across the road from it. Most schools would have no problem if you'd like to pay a visit. In fact, if they did, I'd wonder what they were hiding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 d_n

Thank you, Spurious! I appreciate your feedback -- it's hard to plan things from a distance!

Advertisement