Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slip sliding away

• 08-09-2006 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭

Ireland have lost 3 more places to 26th after the 2 rounds of games in the Euro Qualifiers, these are used to determine seedings for the World Cup 2010.
    Other placings (WC 2006 pos in Brackets)

1(17) Germany
    2(1) Holland
    3(3) England
    4(5) Sweden
    5(1) Portugal
    6(4) Czech Rep
    7(6) Croatia
    8(20) Norway
    9(6) France
    10(13) Serbia
    16(8) Italy
    19(21) Slovakia
    23(28) Scotland
    26(23) Ireland
    35(40) Nthn Ireland
    40(35) Wales

Determined by the number of points divided by games played in qualifying for WC2006 and Euro 2008

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

im surprised they are even that high at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Superdub2 wrote:
    im surprised they are even that high at the moment!
    They? It's "we" to you and me. ;) When we win our next 6 games we'll be flying up those seedings. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Watch out, we're coming to getcha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

If we slide down those rankings any further we can wave bye bye to 2010 before the draw for the qulaifiers have even taken place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If we slide down those rankings any further we can wave bye bye to 2010 before the draw for the qulaifiers have even taken place!
    I can't see is sliding down any further. Our seeding for the current qualifiers was 1.556 which means we averaged 1.556 per game over the last 2 campaigns. We need to get 18 points or less in this campaign for our seeding to drop. We got 17 points in the last campaign with 2 less games and only managed to beat Cyprus and the Faroes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

If Ireland are the 26th best International team in the world at football then I better start following cricket.

Norn Iron are doing well tho. Weren't they like 120 about a year ago? Just shows you what a farce the rankings are tho. Lose all over the place but beat England and Spain at home and suddenly you shoot right up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

As far as I know, that's not actually world rankings, it seeding for the draw which is seperate...its points devided by games over the last few games...someone mentioned it already, to lazy to quote :)

I'm trying to boycot discussing the national team for a while, it just gets me too wound up..

Advertisement