Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband for me?

• 08-09-2006 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

hi yas.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend the most suitable broadband package for myself. My details are as follows.

We have an eircom phoneline in the house that has passed the line test. I share the line rental cost with another person.

My usage would definitely exceed 20 hrs per month. I would probably just use it for chatting and email. Maybe the occasional download too.

Not sure if I have included all relevant information.

Can anyone, based on the above, recommend the best, most competitively priced package?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

BT - €45 p/m. Includes 1meg BB, line rental, local, national and UK calls anytime.
    If you don't need the calls package it's €35 p/m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Smart if you can get it. 3meg €35 p/m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

While 3Meg sounds great not all residential phone lines can utilise 3meg's. Indeed an I.T. tech in BT told me that no residential phone lines in Ireland can utilise the full 3Megs. So it's worth checking this out before forking out the $ for a package you cannot take full advantage of. Having said that Smart's package does seem like great value and @ €35 you can't go wrong anyway esp if they will also pick up the cost of the line rental. Of course to get smart telecoms product they have to be in your local exchange and at the mo they are not in that many.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Smart is great but be prepared for Eircom to obstruct you moving in any way they can. Eircom will lie about work done, lie about 'technician' visits, lie about the state of jumpering in the exchange. Lie about everything and charge you way over the odds for it.

Leaving Eircom was one of the best things I ever did. Rock solid connection from Smart and as a bonus, speeds of up to 11MB when I was first connected. All for 35 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I had perlico, they where the worst ever.I changed to Eircom, yes they are more expensive but at least I get a connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

While 3Meg sounds great not all residential phone lines can utilise 3meg's. Indeed an I.T. tech in BT told me that no residential phone lines in Ireland can utilise the full 3Megs. So it's worth checking this out before forking out the $ for a package you cannot take full advantage of. Having said that Smart's package does seem like great value and @ €35 you can't go wrong anyway esp if they will also pick up the cost of the line rental. Of course to get smart telecoms product they have to be in your local exchange and at the mo they are not in that many.
    You were told a lie. I'm on BT's 3meg service and I can get it no problem (less the usual overheads). In fact I've been told by Eircom & BT that my line can handle at least 6meg. Sure didn't Smart give everyone 6meg for a couple of months earlier this year and most of their customers were able to get it with the rest getting close.

Advertisement