Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geforce 6800 gt , a sad tale .

Options
  • 08-09-2006 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I recently got it into my head that i needed to upgrade my graphics card . Once that happens it is only a matter of time before I go out and buy a very much not needed piece of electronics .

Anywho .

I bought a x1900xt graphics card to upgrade from a geforce6800Gt .

I then sold the geforce 6800GT on ebay for 150euro ( it cost me about 400 two years ago if i remember )

The person took delivery only to tell me that the card didnt work , artifacts on screen and garbled text right from the word go ( during post and bios ) .

She sent it back to me and it is indeed broken .

So either

A: it got damaged in the post , my wife posted it while i was in work , and i forgot to tell her to put postal insurance on it .
    b: it got damaged by the person i sent it to .

regardless , I now have a 150 euro paperweight , unless anyone can think of a way i may be able to fix it or get it replaced .

the one year warranty is expired so RMA is out of the question .

I tried reflashing the bios and no joy .

Cheers .

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

What make is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Same thing happened to me but with a raptor Harddrive. Was working the night before i send the drive. I even formated it and then sent it off the next day. The guy i sold it to sent it back to me after a week saying it did not work. And when i tryed to start it up my self it indeed did not work any more.

Its sitting on the table behind me doing noting at the moment. Dont think its that old i prob could have RMA if i thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

BadCharlie wrote:
    Same thing happened to me but with a raptor Harddrive. Was working the night before i send the drive. I even formated it and then sent it off the next day. The guy i sold it to sent it back to me after a week saying it did not work. And when i tryed to start it up my self it indeed did not work any more.

Its sitting on the table behind me doing noting at the moment. Dont think its that old i prob could have RMA if i thought of it.

From WD website. WD Raptor, WD Caviar RE hard drives carry a Standard Warranty Period of five (5) years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Might send it back then sometime soon :P
    Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 deathcrow

oi , what about my gfx card !

Only kidding , its an XFX Geforce 6800GT . Was a damn fine card too , i could play oblivion on high settings with about 10fps average !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Dont use e-bay? We have a good site here for selling pc parts, and meeting up with people gives you the advantage of a face to face with the person.

What I would do in future is take down the serial number of the card you are selling, and check it when they send it back. Its a new thing on e-bay, when your card etc dies you buy a similar one and send back the dead one.

Advertisement