Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanet users: Which router?

• 08-09-2006 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm getting Permanet installed next week but have found out that they only supply a cable modem with one output (i.e. for one computer only), this, coupled with the fact they have no tech support regarding the issue as they don't support any routers leaves me a bit bothered. As more than one person in my house will be wanting to use the BB, my brother with his 360, my sister with her DS and Dad with his laptop, there must be a tried and trusted router that is proven to work with the Permanet service... right?!.. HELP!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Laguna wrote:
    Hi, I'm getting Permanet installed next week but have found out that they only supply a cable modem with one output (i.e. for one computer only), this, coupled with the fact they have no tech support regarding the issue as they don't support any routers leaves me a bit bothered. As more than one person in my house will be wanting to use the BB, my brother with his 360, my sister with her DS and Dad with his laptop, there must be a tried and trusted router that is proven to work with the Permanet service... right?!.. HELP!
    Assuming they supply an standard IP connection over ethernet, any decent home broadband router that works with cablemodems (even though it is a wireless service) should work.

Don't get a DSL router as these contain a DSL modem which you don't need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I have permanet connection, any cable broadband router should be ok... I use a Linksys WRT54G without any problems and i would recommend one ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Thanks for the help lads, when it comes to myself and past experiences with router compatibility (damn you Digiweb wireless), I just wasn't in the form for playing te guessing game again...

Robxxx7 wrote:
    I use a Linksys WRT54G without any problems and i would recommend one ...

That sounds like it'll do the job, cheers.;)

Advertisement