Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem Weekend Fixtures

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

This result is gonna hurt bad, real bad.

Credit to everton though. They took there chances well when we made a hash of ours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

flanzer wrote:
    Fookin disaster....mid-table will be a good result come the end of the season

You are aware the season is only 3 weeks old, incase you hadnt noticed there is a lot more games left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

same way if Arsenal were to lose today then they will be battling relegation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

You are aware the season is only 3 weeks old, incase you hadnt noticed there is a lot more games left.

Yeah, there's still plenty of time to get things right. I'd still expect Liverpool to finish in the top 3 or 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Balls! :(

Who was to fault for the first 2 goals?

Looks like Carsley got a couple of assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Yeah! Barring the Charity Shield, we've looked sh1te in all other games. Can't see it getting better unless Rafa gives up on the squad rotation idea...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Terrible, terrible Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That was one of the funniest goals I have seen in a while lol

Well done to Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i'm beyond pi$$ed off. no positives to be taken from that display

WTF is the disease that just strikes down otherwise good solid reliable goalkeepers when they join the club??! its beyond me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ugh, what an absolute disgrace.

Some of Rafa's decision were shocking. 2-0 down with 30 minutes to go and he brings of a striker and sticks on a defender? What was he smoking at half tine?

Garcia was his usually terrible self. I dont know how he managed to stay on the pitch for 45minutes let alone the full 90. Was Rafa even watching the match?!

He said yesterday Carragher and risse werent yet fit. But one starts and the other comes on as a sub, then of course injuries himself.

Only decent thing was Sissoko. Glad to see there was at least one player out there who wanted to win. The rest didnt seem bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Delighted for England's 2nd best striker. Maybe this season he'll get the credit he deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Reid has just come off for Charlton. I think he's just faking a knock so he can be first in line for the half-time pies.

Arsenal 0-1 Middlesbrough (Morrisson '22)

this must be one of the worst starts to a season in ages :mad:

Do my eyes decieve me or is that Woodgate playing for Brough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jimmy Bullard got a horror injury apparently.

• Advertisement

they don't deceive you

Great signing for them if he can stay fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

he signed for them on loan for the season.

Apperantly jimmy bullard has been in a horror tackle and done his knee. Really doesnt sound good at all. Looks like we wont be seeing his antics for the rest of the season

he signed for them on loan for the season.

Apperantly jimmy bullard has been in a horror tackle and done his knee. Really doesnt sound good at all. Looks like we wont be seeing his antics for the rest of the season

plenty of time for him to have his hair permed so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Arsenal 0-1 Middlesbrough (Morrisson '22)

this must be one of the worst starts to a season in ages :mad:
    Shocking. Relegation zone here we come!
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I think it's our worst start to the season since 1992, iirc. But I'd have to look it up to be sure.

Shocking stuff tho, especially since in the 3 games where we've gone a goal down in the premiership thus far, we've conceded in a period in the game where we were dominating the opposition. Sucker-punch every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Hypia is past his best, Carragher didn't seem 100% fit an Aurela hasn't settled in yet - Result you lose 3 nil.

Liverpool will still be in the top 4 come xmas imo, but they are going to have to work for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

seansouth wrote:
    Jimmy Bullard got a horror injury apparently.

O_o yeah all they keep saying is "Shocking" "Horror" but wont tell us what happened!

I used to like watching Wright playing for Chelsea but after watching 45min of
    him either he aint as good as I thought or Traore is better than I thought.

Didnt see the liverpool game yet. I like Garcia playing behind the strikers but he
    rarely gets that position. If he was playing on the wing then I can only understand
    the pain Chucky the tree+ others just went through for 90min watching him try
    to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

irish1 wrote:
    Hypia is past his best, Carragher didn't seem 100% fit an Aurela hasn't settled in yet - Result you lose 3 nil.

Liverpool will still be in the top 4 come xmas imo, but they are going to have to work for it.

If not there's always next year.:D

It's way too early to be writing teams off, what's the story with Bellamy why was he not in the squad is he injured?

Apparently he picked up a slight knock during the Brazil match and Benitz didnt want to risk him.

From Koptalk.com
    Liverpool were hammered 3-0 at Goodison on the day Craig Bellamy was left watching the match at home. As alluded to our members yesterday, the Welsh hitman was told at Melwood after the morning training session that he wouldn't be involved, news that obviously didn't go down well. The rumours as to why he was left out will no doubt be the talking point over the next few days. Liverpool didn't just lose the match, they also lost John Arne Riise. He was stretchered off late in the second half with a recurrence of his ankle injury.
    ???

Jimmy Floyd makes it 1 all for Charlton, he didn't really celebrate and the Chelsea fans applauded his finish.

irish1 wrote:
    From Koptalk.com ???

Nuff said

charlton scored, g'wan jimmeh

Boateng sent off. Unlucky imo

el rabitos wrote:
    Nuff said

Is Koptalk not a pro Liverpool Site, Surely they would not be muck raking unless there was something behind it. It's very strange to leave him at home even if he had a slight injury . The Plot Thickens.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    Is Koptalk not a pro Liverpool Site, Surely they would not be muck raking unless there was something behind it. It's very strange to leave him at home even if he had a slight injury . The Plot Thickens.

koptalk is notorious for being the most useless liverpool fan site around. they arent called Kraptalk for nothing. they'll post up anything.

el rabitos wrote:
    koptalk is notorious for being the most useless liverpool fan site around. they arent called Kraptalk for nothing. they'll post up anything.

But they were right in this instance. He won't be happy if he's fit and we know what that can lead to with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Scott Carson saves his 2nd penalty in 2 games.Have to say I really like him, dont think Liverpool should sell him, especially with reina becoming calamity james number 2.

The Muppet wrote:
    But they were right in this instance. He won't be happy if he's fit and we know what that can lead to with him.

bellamy knew he'd spend a fair portion of the season on his ass when he signed so i doubt there will be much fuss 3 games into the season.

he'll be picked when he's picked, thats just the way rafa seems to work. if things arent working out he'll be out sooner than later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I'm officially in love with Andy Johnson again. And Reina:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Giggs for United.

1-0

el rabitos wrote:
    bellamy knew he'd spend a fair portion of the season on his ass when he signed so i doubt there will be much fuss 3 games into the season.

With his ego I doubt he would expect to spend very much time at home on a saturday never mind on the bench and TBH if todays performance without hm is anything to go by he would be justified in that expectation.

Whats up with Alonso he appears to be a shadow of his former self?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I'm not watching the match, but jayney Giggs is having a stormer of a start to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Another good performance so far for United, Carrick is having a really good game. Two or three pin-point passes, good interceptions, really getting into it. The goal was fortunate enough, trademark Ronaldo blasted free kick that Robinson couldn't hold. He's facing the sun as well, might have affected him. His parry wasn't a good one, went right back into the six-yard box and Giggs pounced.
    Spurs have been poor enough, but got a little better throughout the half. Keane has been pretty isolated up top, hasn't been able to pull the strings like he can do. Mido has been stuck wide out on the left for some reason, long let that continue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

United win 1-0, 12 from 12 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

go on the toffeemen :D

Fantastic result for everton. Very much deserved as well. They took their chances well and made the best of liverpool's sloppy play. Liverpool just not at the races today at all....

3 - 0.. yoink ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Well done United. 2 more wins this week and I'll be a very happy man. Rooney and Scholes to return too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

besty wrote:
    Well done United. 2 more wins this week and I'll be a very happy man. Rooney and Scholes to return too!

We need them back too. I know we've been winning but I don;t think we've looked too good over the last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

There is not much solace Liverpool can take from this loss. I didnt see the whole match, just the highlights. The score was not reflective of the game from what I saw.

It would seem to be clear that Everton's goals came from Liverpool defensive errors. The first, I would factor in Hyppia as the main cause. His lack of pace, alerted Carragher to come across, Finnan also came over but it looked like a blatant foul to me. Everton had two players in the clear and it was a simple task for Cahill to finish unmarked.

The 2nd, again Carragher came across to cover behind Hyppia and did a bad job in this case and gifted Johnson a chance and he finished well.

The 3rd, at 90 mins, well, what can be said about that but 100% the fault of Reina. Johnson did well though and stuck his head in where it was needed to finsih from all of 30 cm out!

Liverpool at that stage were down to 10-men as Riise did his anhle again after only being on the pitch for 14 mis (64-78) but at that stage all 3 subs had been used.

Liverpool did have some positives though. They dominated the game and created far more chances. They hit the woodwork twice (Gerrard) and a couple of shots whizzed past the post within inches and the goalie was beaten. If one of those would have gone in it would have been a different game. But Liverpool didnt score and didnt have too much fight or killer instinct in front of goal.

Bellamy and Gonzalez were both missed in terms of pace. The back area is a bit worrying. Finnan perhaps tired from his Ireland exertions. Aurelio who looks like a good free-kick taker which should start going in soon, is not brilliant in defence. Sissoko didnt have one of his better games, and Alonso and Garcia still licking their wounds from Belfast perhaps. Crouch maybe also tired from his England pursuits. Liverpool did have more internationals in use during the week.

I was surprised to see Fowler on. I thought Bellamy's pace could have been a much needed factor in this derby atmosphere. And not on the bench either. Hopefully saved for the CL v PSV which is very quickly coming up on Tue. Kuyt did better when he came on for Crouch, but is probably a player that could play-off Crouch so missed his break-downs. With Riise coming on for Fowler soon after the front-line lacked structure and cohesion and bite.

By the way, commentators everywhere cant get "kouts" name pronounced correctly, everything from kite to coyt except kout, how hard could it be. Like cayhill and more-ann, its hard to listen to!

A bad day at the office for Liverpool, but much worse than it looks, the score was flattering and Liverpool were just off the pace and sharpness for winning this match. A draw against PSV and it will be worthwhile. If thats a loss, a bad week for Rafa.

Redspider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

redspider wrote:
    By the way, commentators everywhere cant get "kouts" name pronounced correctly, everything from kite to coyt except kout, how hard could it be. Like cayhill and more-ann, its hard to listen to!
    Redspider

Is it true that he comes from that part of Holland where they pronounce an n before the t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Is it true that he comes from that part of Holland where they pronounce an n before the t?

No, but if he has a shyte season, we will move him to there ! ;-)

Its the Germans that have a lot of Kuntz.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Unbelievably frustrating game to watch, it was as one-sided as I've seen recently but as is typical, Arsenal couldn't score in a brothel. 69% of the possession and 17 shots to 2, and they still could only draw 1-1 courtesy of a penalty.

Hleb and Ljungberg were completely ineffective on the flanks, and Van Persie couldn't get in the game at all. Rosicky looked good when he came on though, and he has to start the next game. Walcott looks like he's going to get more game time too at this rate. Fuking Hleb keeps drifting into the middle, and all the good progress he made at the end of last season seems to have disappeared.

Woodgate was brilliant, as he always is against Arsenal. Awesome defender.

The team against Man U should be: Lehmann, Flamini, Gallas, Toure, Eboue, Gilberto, Fabregas, Rosicky, Walcott, Baptista, Henry. It'd probably still lose the way things are going lately but at least it'd have a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Just saw Bullard's injury on the telly there. Godamn, that was ****ing horrific :(

Get well soon Jimmy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Get an original joke ffs! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement