Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem Weekend Fixtures

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

redspider wrote:
    Aurelio who looks like a good free-kick taker which should start going in soon

I take it the highlights didn't show his shockingly poor free-kick that dribbled 20 yards wide? :)
    redspider wrote:
    Sissoko didnt have one of his better games

I thought Sissoko was one of Liverpools better players, winning a lot of ball in the middle and passing reasonably well. You can't make a statement like that when you haven't seen the game.
    redspider wrote:
    Alonso and Garcia still licking their wounds from Belfast perhaps.

Not a valid excuse tbh.
    redspider wrote:
    By the way, commentators everywhere cant get "kouts" name pronounced correctly, everything from kite to coyt except kout, how hard could it be. Like cayhill and more-ann, its hard to listen to!

PremPlus had it perfect yesterday.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

SofaKing wrote:
    Just saw Bullard's injury on the telly there. Godamn, that was ****ing horrific :(

Get well soon Jimmy!

Jesus, it looks pretty bad alright. I hope he will be ok

Youtube Link to the incident

Details of his injury are on the BBC website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/5332128.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It looks really bad, but I am so glad it's not going to keep him out long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bullard's looked horrible, I'm glad it seemingly looked worse than it is.

Edit: Some of the ref's penalty decisions were shocking yesterday. I don't think a single decision at the Sheff United vs. Blackburn game was a correct one. The worst though had to be at Stamford Bridge, when Kalou went over after a shoulder that wouldn't knock over a 12-year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I take it the highlights didn't show his shockingly poor free-kick that dribbled 20 yards wide? :)

I thought Sissoko was one of Liverpools better players, winning a lot of ball in the middle and passing reasonably well. You can't make a statement like that when you haven't seen the game.

Not a valid excuse tbh.

In terms of Aurelio's free-kicks, he looks like he is getting the angles nearly right and the pace. I saw the one that was a whisker away with the keeper beaten. With some more training ground practice, his technique could be perfecte and it beats the Riise/Gerrard tap-over + belter option. Every player ill have a bad free-kick from time to time. If its a once off ok. I'm also an advocate that as Alonso has a good foot, surely he could develop into a classy free-kick taker.

In terms of Sissoko, I didnt see the whole game but from the bits that I saw he allowed several players to drift past him, and his pairing with Alonso wasn't as tight as usual. That unit, Sissoko, Alonso, Hyppia and Carragher didnt perform.

In terms of Garcia and Alonso not performing, I think the NI result has to be taken into consideration.

But the main point of my piece was that Liverpool didnt do as bad as it looks. Mistakes in the back but several chances were so-so close, that the scoreline of 2-2 or 2-1 would have been much more accurate. And on a better day, the defence would not have leaked goals. However, Hyppia's lack of manouverability is a major weak link and I expect Rafa to pick a different team tomorrow night.

Shame for Riise too withi his ankle again.

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Was at Utd Game. Was sitting in Proverbial row Z of the upper Stretty. Decent game, nothing spectacular but fairly free flowing.

Spurs had a couple of clear cut headers that they somehow missed.

Was well impressed by Carrick. Couldn't understand him being taken off. O'Sh1t was crap again as was Richardson.

Brown played well overall but I'd have to question his positioning for both of the spurs chances.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Good weekend all in all, 12 out of 12 isnt bad for a team who are going to finish out of the top 4 this season ;)
    Arsenal nearly bottom of the league and Liverpool continuing on where they left off 17 seasons ago.
    Villa look really good, they have a great drive about them, very impressive.
    Everton flattered by the result but they look like a team on a mission.
    Spurs not sure what to make of them now.

But waaay to early to be getting to exciting about how teams are or are not doing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

yop wrote:
    Good weekend all in all, 12 out of 12 isnt bad for a team who are going to finish out of the top 4 this season ;)
    Arsenal nearly bottom of the league and Liverpool continuing on where they left off 17 seasons ago.
    Villa look really good, they have a great drive about them, very impressive.
    Everton flattered by the result but they look like a team on a mission.
    Spurs not sure what to make of them now.

But waaay to early to be getting to exciting about how teams are or are not doing!

True. However every game counts. Look at arsenal and Liverpool. Both really need to win there next games and they are playing Utd and Chelsea respectively. If Arsenal lose they will be 13 points behind the leaders. If liverpool lose and Utd win they will be 11 points off the pace all be it with a game in hand.

Advertisement