Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats Results

Options
  • 08-09-2006 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering when the results of the repeat results are due to arrive in the post.
    How long does it normally happen before we go back?.....starting to get a bit anxious;)
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I thought they posted on the DIT examination notice boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah I'd say they're posted up... I doubt they're going to be organised enough to mail out the results to you before you're due to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I remember when I did a repeat I didnt get the result till a couple of days after the term started!! The easy was to tell is if you can register for next year using the online facility.

I hate finding out bad news online

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

rusults are out for some course in bolton st on tue. but you are advised to attend lectures on mon............go figure

• Advertisement

I know the exam board thingy met this morning, so I guess the fates have been sealed by now. I imagine they might be posted on boards tomorrow, I don't see any reason for a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

I rang the exams office on monday and the "ever helpful and always charming":rolleyes: staff in the office told me that the exam board was meeting on friday morning and that they MITE have a pass list up on friday afternoon!!, but that if i dont get any results I should still attend on monday morning....
    imho the whole idea of organisation and co-ordination has eluded DIT once again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I rang the exams office on monday and the "ever helpful and always charming":rolleyes: staff in the office told me that the exam board was meeting on friday morning and that they MITE have a pass list up on friday afternoon!!, but that if i dont get any results I should still attend on monday morning....
    imho the whole idea of organisation and co-ordination has eluded DIT once again!!

I have to say I had trouble with my exam results during the summer and the exams office was seriously helpful and sorted the problem straight away!

Ah. Rang up the exam office. The exam board thing for my course was meant to meet yesterday morning, but they didn't. Apparently results might be out on Tuesday. Registration is Wednesday. I suppose a day in the differance is slightly on par with what I've come to expect from DIT admin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rudie-

knowlage has it that the board for dt105 are meeting on friday, possiably have results on friday evening, doubt it somehow...

• Advertisement

DT228/1 results are scheduled to be up on our notice board tomorrow morning. So says the fella behind the counter in the exam office in Kevin St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

ah here.. how can ya fail 228/1 subjects! Wait til ya see 2nd year LoL!

It's the maths. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

balls my 4th half assed attempt at an exam failed.... ah well. dont know what I can do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Were your results up in college or online?

I might be in the same situation in about an hour or two. Heading in now.

Were yours up?

I went in yesterday morning because I got a notice in the post saying they'd be available. I was told they'd be up on our notice board this morning. I went in this morning and I was told this evening. I waited around town for three and a half hours and went back. I was then told Monday. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

haha, ah DIT what a great college.

ich liebe DIT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Lorax wrote:
    ah here.. how can ya fail 228/1 subjects! Wait til ya see 2nd year LoL!

It's such a bitch of a year! I have to repeat...

I was told that the results would be out Monday aswell

Anyone know where you get the results online? I went into college and it said my results were only available online at the self-service facility. I went into the link I used before and it said my access was disabled, but that may be down to the round about way I normally get in (through the modularisation bit) ... so now my results are out and I'm in college tomorrow... but I've no idea what I got in my repeats!

Just go in for lectures anyway. They have notices up saying whether you passed or not in the Lobby on the noticeboard opposite the automatic sliding doors near the hall. I missed registration today for 2nd year, but they said it doesn't matter. You can go in when ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I failed, yay.

:(

Got a year of bumming around now till the repeats, gonna have to get a job or do another short course :/

Binomate wrote:
    Just go in for lectures anyway. They have notices up saying whether you passed or not in the Lobby on the noticeboard opposite the automatic sliding doors near the hall. I missed registration today for 2nd year, but they said it doesn't matter. You can go in when ever.

Is that in Aungier St. or where? I haven't seen the Aungier St. doors slide in an age... which is stupid, sooo many first years flooding out of it today, took me ages to get in through the single open door. Oy.
    Yeah, I was planning to go in anyway, but... I'd like to know my results.

I don't think our results are up anywhere... I went to the wall where all the results are and couldn't find mine, though it did say Journalism grades are posted online only. Oy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

The self service yokie is here, i got an email:

http://modularisation.dit.ie

Click on exam results on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I failed, yay.

:(

Got a year of bumming around now till the repeats, gonna have to get a job or do another short course :/

that sucks dude. i failed maths and have to wait until next week to find out if i can carry it into next year.. which sucks purely because i have to wait to see if i can carry :|

well I passed. losers!

Why do you have to wait and see if you can carry it? I mean, how did you go about putting that ball in motion? I failed, but it's a poxy course that doesn't appear again in any shape in my course...so I wouldn't mind carrying it, but as it stands I haven't been contacted at all by DIT and I doubt I'll hear anything about repeating etc unless I go looking... or am I wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭VroomVroom

Have a look at WWW.DITSU.IE under Education and Academic Affairs. There is a lot of talk there about deferring. Carrying is slightly different, it is probably up to the Head of Department or Head of Course to decide if you can carry a subject or not. Nothing to lose by asking them...

Advertisement