Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road to Jalabad

Options
  • 08-09-2006 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

Just played this map for the first time this evening. I hate it and I love it.

I played 4 rounds of it. But then I had to quit to change my graphics settings.
    Went back in and found a new server but I left after 10min. I hated it.

I spawned and immediately seen tanks and jeeps surrounding me!! WTF Vehicles!
    They tore us apart. The US had tanks and jeeps at every spawn and we had to
    do the same. It ended up being a race to see what team could find the nearest
    vehicle and capture a spawn point.

It was much more fun without them. Holding the US back with weapons is lots of
    fun. Even on the US side its great craic trying to break though all the sniper fire
    with explosions going off all over the place and smoke everywhere.

Maybe I just need more time to get used to the vehicles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Unlike the IO version of Road to Jalalabad 32 player the map isn't one sided, we are running a 24/7 server of RtJ atm and ive played with USMC and MEC countless times and won and lost a pretty even number with each. :D It all depends on the team you have. And you really do need a good commander on that map or your screwd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

we allso have a 24/7 jala its 217.146.92.74:16567 its a 34v34 sever.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cobrophy

well afaik both sides start with 2 tanks so iit could have happened that the US had stolen the MEC tanks.

The biggest problem i've seen is that on inf only it can be very hard for the US to get out and get a spawn in the city (though once they do that they're fine). If they're not sharp and dont immediately start running for flags they can get pounded. But I generally like it, need more time playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Really like this map, great with all the buildings, perfect for C4'ing. Took out 6 tanks in 1 round. good sniping map too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

awhir wrote:
    we allso have a 24/7 jala its 217.146.92.74:16567 its a 34v34 sever.

Ive been playing on this server since you posted. Ive been having fun.

But something I noticed on all the servers is that my ping will be really low but
    Ill still be getting lag. Sometimes ill even get "There is a problem with your
    connection"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ive been playing on this server since you posted. Ive been having fun.

But something I noticed on all the servers is that my ping will be really low but
    Ill still be getting lag. Sometimes ill even get "There is a problem with your
    connection"
    Hmmm. Try playing single player. Could be machine lag, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Its not happening in single player. Its definately network lag. Goolged it and a
    few people seem to see turning off VOIP and EAX helps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

oh im loving this map. Played a full 32 player map and talk about confusion galore....well organised squads attacking both flanks....everyone meeting in the middle....tk's all over the shop...

Reminded me of BFV with 32 players.
    I agree with the ample c4 ambush spots, This could be a very hard clan match map.

Is it my imagination or has the ''sprint'' function been increased (sorry if this was discussed at large elsewhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Is it my imagination or has the ''sprint'' function been increased (sorry if this was discussed at large elsewhere)

The sprint function is doubled for the infantry only mode .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Have'nt really gone near BF2 in about 4 months, but i'm addicted to jalabad at the moment. It's a beautiful map. Its a great map for every class. and its brought C4'ing to another level. Last night i took out 3 yankee tanks in one go that were camping the 2nd Mec flag. Karkand and sharqui have been replaced for me. Played it on inf only, 20 v 20 snipers with the rest medics or support on either side for the 1st flag was brilliant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement