Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

91 BMW E30 coupe - What to look out for

Options
  • 08-09-2006 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to look at 2 E30's tomorrow....a 1990 & 1991 model.

Apart from the usual is there anything I need to keep an eye out for on these motors?

From looking around, would I be right in saying the going rate for a decent model of this year is around €3,000ish.

Edit:
    Oh, they're 316 models.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Bam Bam

Have the person you're buying it from pop the hood.
    Stand near to the engine and ask said person to start the car.
    When they start it start to shake your head look at the person and say the the engine sounds very noisy, look concerned too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Bam Bam wrote:
    Have the person you're buying it from pop the hood.
    Stand near to the engine and ask said person to start the car.
    When they start it start to shake your head look at the person and say the the engine sounds very noisy, look concerned too.
    Lol, classic stuff :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

rust is the biggie on these cars
    have a look at the points at the bottom of www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/e30.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Here's what to look out for:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aULrqvK2y4c
    Mightn't be as much of a problem with a 316 though ;)

Advertisement