Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confirmed : xbox price to be reduced on eve of PS3 launch..

• 08-09-2006 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

in Japan :(

see here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

So they are just dropping the price of the Core system? Meh, that thing should not even exist! If they really want to one-up them then they should have changed the price of the premium considering it's the equivilant of the lower end PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's not so much a price-cut, as the introduction of the core model to the Japanese market. Until now, they've only had the premium xbox bundle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I dont think there is any hope for the 360 in Japan considering the Gamecube is outselling it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

So they are just dropping the price of the Core system? Meh, that thing should not even exist! If they really want to one-up them then they should have changed the price of the premium considering it's the equivilant of the lower end PS3.

well they don't need a price drop since ps3 isn't coming to us until march, but microsofts long-term plan with the core is to drop the price to $150 odd for the kind of gamers who like to play once or twice a week, and to take market share from the Wii (wont happen, i know)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

well they don't need a price drop since ps3 isn't coming to us until march, but microsofts long-term plan with the core is to drop the price to $150 odd for the kind of gamers who like to play once or twice a week, and to take market share from the Wii (wont happen, i know)...

I think that would work. Wii is looking severly under powered to me (and I've been following it since announced and only have Nintendo gaming products). I'm seriously considering buying 360 before Xmas if Nintendo don't have good news tomorrow like proper release date for Europe and not ripping us off just because we are Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

brim4brim wrote:
    I think that would work. Wii is looking severly under powered to me (and I've been following it since announced and only have Nintendo gaming products). I'm seriously considering buying 360 before Xmas if Nintendo don't have good news tomorrow like proper release date for Europe and not ripping us off just because we are Europe.

while Wii is under-powered next to the 360 and ps3, i think it's a more interesting concept and a nicer proposal for the "casual" gaming market. i also think the controller suits the retro gaming a lot better then a ps3/360 when sega puts its back catalogue on all these online retro sections.

Advertisement