Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fenlon resigned?

• 08-09-2006 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭

Thats the rumour i've been hearing and he's gone to Bohs
    Can anyone confirm or deny?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I can confirm that I cant deny it's happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

apparently its 99.9% true.

TBH I dont know how I feel about it.

Its weird, spent so long hating him... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He's gone nowhere.

Just back from Tolka and heard it from the horses mouth.

seansouth wrote:
    He's gone nowhere.

Just back from Tolka and heard it from the horses mouth.

it was just on sky news AND today FM

That he's gone?

Impossible, I was standing beside the man when he said he was going nowhere 'for the moment' - now I doubt if he actually meant that particular moment time, literally.

I was in the room where we do the interviews with our camera girl and Declan Drake while all the journos were waiting for him to come out of the dressing room.

He came out of the dressing room, after all of the players had left, and came directly to us and asked where we wanted him. All the journos followed him, therefore they all have the same interview - the ShelsWeb interview - where he said he's not gone anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Just saw the post-match interview on Sports Tonight, he's not leaving tonight anyway.

He will be the next Bohs manager whether people like it or not, there's no harm debating it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

Just back from the game too. What are the chances he's off at the end of the season?

Bateman wrote:
    He will be the next Bohs manager whether people like it or not, there's no harm debating it now.
    Maybe, maybe not.

But the thread title is a bit misleading. Yes, I can see the question mark in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The thread title is not misleading because there is a question mark in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Shels fans certainly let their feelings be known tonight. Every second chant was for Nutsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Inevitable really...such a class manager. Bohs certainly seem to be putting good infrastructure and deals in place...poaching our players next? Joey? :(

Not so long ago the shoe was on the other foot. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

Breaking news ran a story saying he was gone, but they've taken it down. Fenlon seems to be saying nowt either way.

Shelbourne site is showing some desperation for him to stay.

http://www.shelbournefc.com/

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Shelbourne site is showing some desperation for him to stay.

http://www.shelbournefc.com/

I'm sorry but thats fuucking hilarious.

I don't blame him though, I wouldn't stay in a job where they kept paying me late.

TheGooner wrote:
    I don't blame him though, I wouldn't stay in a job where they kept paying me late.

Don't blame him for what?

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Don't blame him for what?

Thinking about leaving, thought that was obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

he'd be crazy to stay really. I'd be amazed if he did stay.

It's obviously a massive offer to turn down, but if he were to turn it down he'd be a massive hero at Shels for a long long time.

If he leaves, well... we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    It's obviously a massive offer to turn down, but if he were to turn it down he'd be a massive hero at Shels for a long long time.

Until they lose a few games. If he did stay and found next season that they didnt get off to a good start the fans wouldnt think of him as such a hero.

• Advertisement

Until they lose a few games. If he did stay and found next season that they didnt get off to a good start the fans wouldnt think of him as such a hero.

Well he'd be a heck of a lot more respected than if we were struggling and he were at the helm of a flying Bohemians, thats for sure.

It's the 'ould judas card...I mean, if he has to leave, fair play, thanks for the memories...but not to them

Especially not in a season like this, the toughest one for a long time, mostly off the pitch, and the road ahead looks just as rocky...we don't need this..not now...

Et Tu Pat? :p

There's no way I'd call Pat Fenlon a judas if he left.

No way in hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

seansouth wrote:

No way in hell.
    I agree on this point.

What he has done for the club has been, and contiues to be, nothing short of amazing. He has a family etc to support, so obviously money comes down to it.

I fully expect him to be manager of Shamrock Rovers one day, he is afterall a hoop through and through. I wouldn't be happy watching him go to Bohs, but thats modern football.

Honestly, and I hate saying this, if Nutsy cannot stay and give 100% at all times to the job at hand, then it's better for all involved if he moves on. Obviously, if he stays and can give it his all the whole time, I will be one very happy camper! ;)

http://bohsnews.crispynews.com/article/show/18381
    Gerry Cuffe seems to imply that there are other irons in the fire.

Seansouth wrote:

No way in hell.

Well me neither, and I suspect most Shels fans would respect his decision as he's been so great to the club...

I was just saying from Joesoap's comment that he'd be a lot more respected at a lowley Shelbourne than at a high flying Bohs, that the reason is people would feel betrayed...as soon as he sees rocks on the horizon he jumps ship...to a club that, at the very second he jumps, has become rich and his cash cow, while the team he leaves in the face of adversity, has lost it's captain, which makes their difficult future look all the more daunting...

It just smells of selling out, or cheating on us, just because it's Bohs...It has a lot to do with timing too..

I would be hughly disapointed if Pat left, both by the fact he's gone, but also in him...but I would never disrespect the man and I appreciate all he has done for the club, it just all leaves a bitter taste in the mouth... :(

Nick wrote:
    as soon as he sees rocks on the horizon he jumps ship...
    Ah Jaysis, it's not news that Shels are in trouble, if Pat was the type to jump ship at a time when there are 'rocks on the horizon' he'd be long gone.
    Nick wrote:
    It just smells of selling out, or cheating on us, just because it's Bohs...It has a lot to do with timing too..
    It wouldn't be selling out, it would be protecting his future, which he is entitled to do.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/0912/fenlonp.html
    It is believed that talks are ongoing between Shelbourne and Bohemians about the future of the current Shelbourne manager Pat Fenlon.

Bohemians have been heavily linked with a move for Fenlon after Gareth Farrelly parted company with the Gypsies following their FAI Cup exit at the hands of fierce Dublin rivals Shamrock Rovers.

If the clubs reach an agreement it's expected that Fenlon will be confirmed as the Bohemians manager within the next few days.

Last week Bohemians agreed to sell their ground at Dalymount Park to a property developer in exchange for €45million and a new 10,000 seater stadium at Harristown, near Dublin Airport along with a payment of €3.2 million until the completion of the project in five years time.

Seems like its really only a matter of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

Was with a few of the Bohs board last week in Germany watching the Bohs & Drogs game( bloody hilarious craic was had with the Drogs goal been given). We were trying to suss out from the lads who was their man etc.

We came away believing it would be Fenlon - eventually (prob next season) but Bohs not in any mad rush as nothing left to play for this season. Vinny Arkins & Ronnie Whelan were thrown about as they said they could get someone in for three months and then sack them as they had nothing to lose.

Paddypower was visited on our return and €20 each on Arkins & Whelan to get the job. Nice odds but now seems to be an outside bet.

With all the hype of the last week it now looks as Fenlon might be brought in sooner rather than later to give himself a headstart on next season but i still have hope.

• Advertisement

http://bohsnews.crispynews.com/recent/articles/management

Nothing certain yet. The stories have taken a turn for the negative, as Shels dig in for help with this week's wages, and the hunt continues, according to the club (see smart new website).

ShelsWeb Statement
    ShelsWeb have been in touch with club officials today and have been assured that no club officials have commented or contributed to any section of the media in relation to the club manager Pat Fenlon.

Also, there has been absolutely no contact or any form of discussion between Shelbourne FC and Bohemians FC in relation to Pat Fenlon.

The club are involved in ongoing discussions with Pat Fenlon and have let it been known to him how much they and the clubs supporters wish him to remain on as manager of Shelbourne FC.

Advertisement