Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can 2 laptops play on same router

Options
  • 09-09-2006 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

wots da story folks

can 2 laptops, sharing the same router play on the same hosted game online?

you know the setup, get the laptop, head over to the mates gaff with a few cans and play online on the same host server...can this be done? or is there some kind of filtering performed to prevent this ??

cheers!
    db

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

yeah in all bf series games afaik. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It shouldn't be a problem :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yeah man, ive a 2nd crappy PC in my room and everynow and then my m8 would knock down and bring his 3d card and ram and we get some drink and play some drunken bf2. However if your talking about u can a friend playing online at the same time you both of you have to have your own legal copys of bf2 IE two legal CD keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DonnieBrasco

cool! yeah we both have our own copies of bf2 ...this is great news!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Dont forget the beer, and make sure the router has a 4 port switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

If its the standard eircom router u got, what I do is plug it into my main pc with the usb cable and then use a network wire to connect my other pc to the router. Whats a 4 port switch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    Whats a 4 port switch?

A switch with four ports! :rolleyes: Couldnt resist...

Google it... easier then explaining here.

Advertisement