Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoodies

Options
  • 09-09-2006 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Scraggs and I in an ingenious moment have felt compelled to formulate an intrepid plan to commence production of the first ever batch of UCD Board Hoodies - we are willing to undertake production but require the assistance of our fellow boardsies to come up with a slogan to grace the front or back of these limited edition, one of a kind and superior quality hoodies - we may offer a prize for this wonderful slogan to be chosen by popular vote.

Let the competition commence.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Shouldn't you be studying?

Board with study?

first things that came to mind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

too fool for school

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

For the more ample and less clever lady, 'U C double D'.

UCDD (the extra D stands for Dublin!!)

Do U C D point of this sentence?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

no witty slogans here but i'd deffo get one :)

Boards soc! ...or bored soc, whatever :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Hmmm...

'Get on Boards!'

'Classy Threads!'

'Boardsies do it standing up'

'Have you clicked with us yet?'

'Clique Here'

'Can you link me?'

just a good old...'w00t!'
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

ill stick to my archsoc hoodie. thats nerd enough for me . Im not ready to come out of the closet just yet .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Cripes, that would be a bit nerdy, eh? I never wear hoodies anyway. That said I'd prolly buy one anyway.

Can't think of any slogans though..

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Sounds like a good idea. No slogans for you as yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

you'll need the permission of ucd and boards.ie

this is the problem with college, nerds think they can walk around wearing internet related clothing without getting beat up. makes me sick.

• Advertisement

ferdi wrote:
    you'll need the permission of ucd and boards.ie

this is the problem with college, nerds think they can walk around wearing internet related clothing without getting beat up. makes me sick.
    Don't worry, me and my friends do out part by excluding them from all forms of social interaction.

I think we only need permission if we use the crest - i don't think we do for just UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

"UCD Boards:
    Only slightly less sad than Bebo"

"Don't ask me, I'm just a Boardsie"

"Save the UCD Boards 20!"

"If you can read this, you are too educated for UCD"

"Why UCD? Good question..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I would DEFINITELY buy one - but it would have to have a good slogan on it. And surely you can just use the UCD crest without their permission - who's going to track us down??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

elmyra wrote:
    'Clique Here'

Heehee love it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

in theory you have to ask the college to use the crest...

boards hoodies sound like a done deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I could have one for every day of the week then. Worlds hoodie, L&H hoodie, UCD hoodie, Boards hoodie, other UCD hoodie...man, what a cool kid I'd be then :D

I want a personalised one. Maybe that says something like "Boardsaholic" or some such.

I reckon it's a deadly idea anyway, I'd certainly buy one, regardless of whatever slogan steph n scraggs decide upon. Although I'm definitely not buying anything that has the newer crest on it. Ya know, the UCDD one. *shudders* They never should've entrusted our university's crest design to a 5-year-old, I don't care how much dirt his parents had on Herr Brady...

Anyway, hoodies good, crest bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

"pwnd"

'Please beat me up'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

wo0T! Boardsie hoodies. I want one!!
    But I'm crap with slogans. Elmyra, well done! I'm impressed. I like Clique Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Grimes wrote:
    ill stick to my archsoc hoodie. thats nerd enough for me . Im not ready to come out of the closet just yet .
    How do I get one of them? I've asked at every ArcSoc event since last September!

How about "Pat Patterson told me to click on boards.ie"

upmeath wrote:
    Do I have to be in 3rd year?
    I doubt it, since Grimes is only going into 2nd yr now. I'm sure the ArchSoc lot will have em at their stall in Freshers Week (if indeed they have more, or any left from last yr).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I doubt it, since Grimes is only going into 2nd yr now.

Grimes are we classmates? Reveal your true identity!

I doubt it, since Grimes is only going into 2nd yr now. I'm sure the ArchSoc lot will have em at their stall in Freshers Week (if indeed they have more, or any left from last yr).

No we bought them to order - I organised them last year so none left.

Upmeath - do you mean ArcSoc for architecture? We mean ArchSoc as in archaeology - it gets confusing!

archaeology hoodies for the win. I really think this boards hoodie thing is a bad idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I reckon someone will end up very much out of pocket on this one.

Also, have you asked the admins?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

"Yore ma's an Orts dropout". Or maybe just "Yore me ftl." I DO think "Save the UCD Boards 20!" is excellent though. /me licks wounds

actually I love "yore ma's a UCD arts dropout" . Could I get one? Without the www.boards.ie thing on it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

<random>
    My ma actually has a UCD arts degree =/
    </random>

Advertisement