Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

V3x €99 from 3Ireland

• 09-09-2006 2:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

Am i imagining things or did i not see 3 taking out an ad in today's ( Friday ) Sun advertising the V3x on 3pay for €99. If so must take a jaunt down to town to check this out , or if i'm wrong someone please slap me down :)

Just that i can't see this offer advertised anywhere else , even on their site.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You're not imagining it...

€99 on PrePay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Now if only the call charges on 3pay were competitive with O2 and Meteor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I paid €279 for mine on Vodafone about 2/3 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

doh ! How did i miss this on the site . Well i was kinda expecting this to be frontpage news . Here goes a trip down to cpw and the local phone magician :)

They're €150 with O2, and you get 90 euros call credit. Difference: €60.
    €100 with 3, but only €10 call credit. Difference: €90

I guess O2 is cheaper, not to mention you get 250 free web texts a month, even international, and their call charges are mostly a lot cheaper. I assume it's not the 3G version you get with O2, though, so no video calling.

I don't see the appeal of 3. Did I mention O2 have great customer support, whereas 3 don't? Maybe I'm missing something here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Do they still not have that €80 free call credit deal??? Which would make the phone €19!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

They're €150 with O2, and you get 90 euros call credit. Difference: €60.
    €100 with 3, but only €10 call credit. Difference: €90

I guess O2 is cheaper, not to mention you get 250 free web texts a month, even international, and their call charges are mostly a lot cheaper. I assume it's not the 3G version you get with O2, though, so no video calling.

I don't see the appeal of 3. Did I mention O2 have great customer support, whereas 3 don't? Maybe I'm missing something here.
    you're thinking of the v3. other than the similar name and the fact that they are both clamshell phones, the v3 and v3x are nothing alike. you can't compare the two for price

The phone itself isn't a bad deal, I'll give you that, but I'd be worried about the call charges, roaming rates, customer care, walled garden, things like that.

As you can choose your peak times with O2, and off-peak and weekend calls are very cheap, I find 3 are twice as expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Dellas wrote:
    Do they still not have that €80 free call credit deal??? Which would make the phone €19!!!!

Yes

€10 with the phone
    €10 if you put your number to three
    €10 a Month if you get €10 credit every month for 6 months..

90% of my calls would be to O2, Vodafone and Meteor, the remaining 10% to landlines and 3. Right now, I end up paying an average of 15c a minute for my calls (1c O2-to-O2 calls all weekend, and than during the week 15-19c a minute from like 2AM until 6PM).

With 3, I'd pay closer to 35c per minute. Twice as much. I suppose video calling might be cool, but does anybody here actually use it? I think I'd miss i-mode.

• Advertisement

Now if they dropped their walled garden (or at least gave the option), and gave me access to the full, real internet, I would switch. Magic Google on your phone!

That's what T-Mobile have done: they completely dropped their own portal, and give you Google (and the full internet) instead now. Much more appealing for everyone.

I'm kicking myself now. I paid €379 for this on Vodafone last January!

Still nearly half the original RRP. It was released last December at €379 prepaid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭darraghw

would it be possible to buy this and then get it unlocked and just put your o2 sim card in?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

Did anyone get this in town for 99!? Seems it's 99 only if buying online! cpw etc have it for 199!!!

darraghw wrote:
    would it be possible to buy this and then get it unlocked and just put your o2 sim card in?
    Yeah, if you have the right software. But you need to dismantle the phone too so its not necessarily easy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Did anyone get this in town for 99!? Seems it's 99 only if buying online! cpw etc have it for 199!!!

I'd believe that, its standard for 3 to have their phones cheaper on-line, I believe each phone is about 10-20e cheaper if bought from three.ie

Atleast they were when I last compared all the prices :)

Although I hate motorola's I have to say 99e for the V3x on 3pay is excellent value for a 2MP phone, if you add this to the 5c txt deal they have going it really is a good package...especially for someone that might txt alot to different networks.

Karsini wrote:
    Yeah, if you have the right software. But you need to dismantle the phone too so its not necessarily easy.

but if i brought it to a place in town, they'd be able to unlock it?

darraghw wrote:
    Yep, if you go to the right place they should be able to do it no problem. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Just ordered the phone on their website but at the very end of the process of ordering the phone a picture of an LG phone was shown on the webpage.I never received a confirmation email so i don't know if there going to send me the correct phone or not. I used the back button and i definately ordered the moto phone. Anyone else had this happen????????

Edit: Just checked the order tracking facility and it says its the damned LG phone i ordered. I never ordered that piece of crap phone. Those 3 swines. Would it be possible they had none of the Motos left and pushed the LG phone instead??????

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mickger wrote:
    Just ordered the phone on their website but at the very end of the process of ordering the phone a picture of an LG phone was shown on the webpage.I never received a confirmation email so i don't know if there going to send me the correct phone or not. I used the back button and i definately ordered the moto phone. Anyone else had this happen????????

Edit: Just checked the order tracking facility and it says its the damned LG phone i ordered. I never ordered that piece of crap phone. Those 3 swines. Would it be possible they had none of the Motos left and pushed the LG phone instead??????

I doubt that, ring them and inform them of yours troubles, I believe you have something like 7 days to change your mind anyway so shouldn't be much trouble :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

darraghw wrote:

If they have experience of using test points to unlock Motorolas then yes

Bear in mind you warranty will be voided as the phone has to disassembled, if you are not going to use it with Three you should also get it flashed with the latest generic firmware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 LuciferGary

anyone got it in town?

skearon wrote:
    If they have experience of using test points to unlock Motorolas then yes

Bear in mind you warranty will be voided as the phone has to disassembled, if you are not going to use it with Three you should also get it flashed with the latest generic firmware

would you be able to recomend somewhere to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

darraghw wrote:
    would you be able to recomend somewhere to go?

Where r u located?

skearon wrote:
    Where r u located?

dublin north, glasnevin/drumcondra area. but im around town most days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Got this phone friday after ordering online and to my surprise included in the pack was the the Motorola Ht820 Bluetooth headset and a 512mb memory card:D The headset alone is worth about 80euros and about 30 for the card. Not sure if it was a mistake but i won't be sending them back if it was ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow!
    Thats some bargain at that price :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Absolut

I noticed this a few days ago on the 3 website, just ordered one now. Has anybody else gotten the bluetooth headset and memory card thrown in too? I'm not expecting either of them, but if they were included it'd be pretty sweet.

The HT820 headset is €105 alone on the 3.ie accessories store.

Advertisement