Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

V3x €99 from 3Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

anyone know a good place to get this unblocked in cork / waterford?
    or if not could i buy this and change to 3 but keep my old o2 number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Absolut

The V3X is £249.99 on ThreePay in the UK, about €370.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Absolut wrote:
    I noticed this a few days ago on the 3 website, just ordered one now. Has anybody else gotten the bluetooth headset and memory card thrown in too? I'm not expecting either of them, but if they were included it'd be pretty sweet.

The HT820 headset is €105 alone on the 3.ie accessories store.

Motorola bundle the headset with the phone afaik, i got one with my vodafone upgrade the other day and it had the headset in the box. The headset is €60 on expansys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

whisht wrote:
    NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow!
    Thats some bargain at that price :)

WAY ;) and yes it is some bargain:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

Yup! both the headset and memory card are included! they have not advertised it as it limited stock, valid till end september... If you want to make sure before you buy then call 1800330333 and find out... the LG too has some promotional stuff bundled. If they deny giving this out to you then tell them you have been referenced to three by somebody who said that it is surely included! remember to take down the name of the person who you speak to.

• Advertisement

Can somebody tell me how long it normally takes for 3 to have their three pay handsets delivered?

I ordered mine on Saturday, thought it'd at least have been sent out/delivered today or tomorrow, but so far it's in the "Order Accepted" stage. I called 3, but they just said they'd take my details and get back to me within 24 hours.

Absolut wrote:
    Can somebody tell me how long it normally takes for 3 to have their three pay handsets delivered?

I ordered mine on Saturday, thought it'd at least have been sent out/delivered today or tomorrow, but so far it's in the "Order Accepted" stage. I called 3, but they just said they'd take my details and get back to me within 24 hours.

Ordered mine last week on Monday and got it Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

Absolut wrote:

I ordered one on Sunday. They promise next day delivery, so I expected to receive the phone today. I gave them a call this morning and they hadn't even processed the order.

I asked the girl about next day delivery and she said it is next day after the order has been processed, rather than after the order is placed! She said there were a lot of orders pending, but to be fair to her she did process my order while I was on the phone, and about two minutes later I got an email.

smarty wrote:
    I ordered one on Sunday. They promise next day delivery, so I expected to receive the phone today. I gave them a call this morning and they hadn't even processed the order.

I asked the girl about next day delivery and she said it is next day after the order has been processed, rather than after the order is placed! She said there were a lot of orders pending, but to be fair to her she did process my order while I was on the phone, and about two minutes later I got an email.

I called back again today to check up on it... they stil say the order hasn't been processed and that "head office" are probably doing more "credit checks" - which is a bit strange, since it's a PAYG phone and the credit card it was charged to has a very healthy balance.

They also said that the bluetooth headset and memory card is an offer that was only on in August - when the phone was priced €199 - for September the offer is a €99 handset, minus the bluetooth handsfree and the memory card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

V3x is an awful phone, sent two back because they were faulty. kept turning themselves off and software wouldn't work properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

a friend of mine is on his third v3x and its being sent back to 3 tomorrow because its gone faulty too

Three still havent started processing my order from last Saturday, even after four phonecalls asking what the problem is.

So much for "next business day" service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

Mine arrived yesterday, but I wasn't around for the delivery. I collected it this morning from Buy4Now in Blanchardstown.

The Motorola Bluetooth Stereo Headphones (HT820) were included. There was also a memory card, but it was a 64mb one unfortunately. Still not too shabby!

Smarty, do you know if the order tracking page on the three website was updated at each stage of your order?
    Icalled three again, got through to a sales guy who said my order was still in the credit authorisation stage, then he sent me through to customer care who said that the order should be arriving today, but on the website it says it's in the "picked and charged" stage, which seems to suggest that it's still not sent out

And to confuse things even more, I called back again to check and see what was actually happening with my order. I got through to the sales department, who said that my order was still in the "credit check" stage, and that the reason it takes so long to go through this stage is because there's probably some problem with my credit check or the credit on my credit card (both of which are perfect). They then put me through to "Head Office" to try to find out why I had been told that the phone had already been shipped out when the order hadn't even been processed - only for the guy in "head office" to tell me that the guys in sales know that he cant check into any pre-dispatch orders and that the sales guys should know not to transfer any calls to his department (which, by the way, turns out to be customer services, not "head office").

Then, to top it all off, I get an e-mail from a customer services manager saying that my phone was shipped yesterday evening and will be delivered before 6pm today. And, surprise surprise, it's still not here.

Not such a great first experience dealing with Three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Base

Similar story - ordered my phone on Wednesday (20/09) so theoretically I should have received it sometime Thursday. Rang on Thursday (21/09) to check what the latest was and the person assured me it would be next week before I received the phone despite their claim of next day delivery.

Received an email on Friday (22/09) to say that my phone has been dispatched and expect delivery between 9am and 5.30pm. I naturally assumed this meant I would receive the phone between 9am and 5.30pm. No so.

When I rang after 5.30pm had passed I was told by the first person that the logistics company had it now but that they wouldn’t actually be delivering it today. When I queried this, another person told me that in fact the logistics company didn't actually have it and that dispatched doesn't actually mean dispatched but just that my order had been processed or something. It was explained that my phone is still in the warehouse so the logistics company will be collecting it next week.

Would I be foolish to presume I'll receive it on Monday? Better still, I then have to post off a form once I receive the phone to get my number ported. That takes up to 3 working days once they receive the phone. I’ll be a fully fledged three customer by October (as long as I don’t cancel my order before then!)

I got my phone today, along with the headset and memory card. I also got a phone call from the 3 rep that I had been dealing with about 30 mins after the phone was delivered, asking if I had received everything and if it was in working order.

So far it's working pretty well, so hopefully I wont have any reason to send it back/get a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

@absolut: wot size mem card? and are u refereing to the bluetooth headset or earphones? i was told that these were not included anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

smarty wrote:
    Mine arrived yesterday, but I wasn't around for the delivery. I collected it this morning from Buy4Now in Blanchardstown.

LOL heads would roll :p

wba88 wrote:
    @absolut: wot size mem card? and are u refereing to the bluetooth headset or earphones? i was told that these were not included anymore.

It came with a 64MB transflash card (and an adapter) and a pair of bluetooth earphones (which also work as a bluetooth headset for making/receiving calls). I was also told that these wouldn't be included since they were part of an offer that ended in August - but apparently they're still being sent as part of the package. It makes the phone a pretty good deal for €99 - but I would be quick to order one if I were you - there's no guarantee that the bundle will stay the same, and more than likely they'll stop shipping the headphones and the memory card as part of the bundle.

I also ended up receiving €20 credit to start off with instead of the usual €10 - although I'm not sure exactly why I got the extra €10 - maybe because of all the phone calls and e-maisl I had to make to get the status of my order?

Also, does anybody know how Buy4Now.ie are involved with the three online order process?

• Advertisement

will do thanx absolut

How long does it take them to give the free credit of 10 euro after topping up by that amount? Topped up today by 10 and have'nt received the free credit yet.

mickger wrote:
    How long does it take them to give the free credit of 10 euro after topping up by that amount? Topped up today by 10 and have'nt received the free credit yet.

I think I read someplace that the free credit is applied at the end of every month, or at least that it'll take a few days/weeks for it to be applied. Not sure exactly what it said, but I know it's not anywhere near being instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 johnie89

I just got the V3x and I love it! three is crap tho, really! they don't let you send MMS to email addresses, and the 5c MMS,VMMS and SMS don't count. it costs 9c to send an email between 1-10 KB in size, and up to 50c for 500 KB.

On the plus side, 3 will give you the code to unlock your phone if you pay EUR27 using a credit card, this doesn't give you the cash amount in credit, just the unlock code. problem is the V3x can have its GPRS settings updated but MMS settings cant be, so you cant move it to another network and still send MMS using it.

Over all I think it was a good buy, but it comes with allot of conditions on it. and I HATE the customer service, I mean the seem worse at dealing with problems then average and I cant understand them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just be weary, but for 99EUR what you get is good (Bluetooth headphones worth 100 euro, a 64MB card, the Phone and up to 80 EUR credit).

I give this deal 6/10.

Where did you find out about the €27 unlocking fee? I didnt think they would unlock the V3x that easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

I ordered on Monday last and just got this:

">Unfortunately we have been unable to collect payment from your credit card and therefore need to decline your order. Please contact your card issuer in order to resolve the matter."

However there doesn't seem to be any problem with my CC. Their excuse to get out of the order or something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Perhaps you misspelled your name or address? I'd try putting the order through the system again, and this time double check all your information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

johnie89 wrote:
    problem is the V3x can have its GPRS settings updated but MMS settings cant be, so you cant move it to another network and still send MMS using it.

If the phone is reflashed with generic firmware you will be able to change all settings

skearon wrote:
    If the phone is reflashed with generic firmware you will be able to change all settings
    I was on the phone to a 'shop in dublin' (dunno if im allowed name it) they sed they can unlock the v3x for 15euro (they have done many of the 99euro ones). They also sed they cannot flash and debrand the 99euro ones because they are a new firmware. I mite order one for myself 2day. Any1s broke yet? or had any problems with them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

jdivision wrote:
    V3x is an awful phone, sent two back because they were faulty. kept turning themselves off and software wouldn't work properly.

Mine is much the same - problem seems to be the ribbon cable.

Vodafone don't have it listed on their site any more. I wonder if they're phasing it out early.

Advertisement