Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what do I Do???

• 09-09-2006 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hello all.
    I recently met a girl who I liked very much and we went on a date or two.Both of us are separated but im longer split up than her.im 3 years and she is just over 1.
    She told me she wasnt ready for a long term thing and I respected her decision as I have been down the breakup road and know it takes time to heal.
    We stayed in touch for the last few weeks texting etc and she has asked me out tonight.Initally I was over the moon but have doubts that im just a shoulder to cry on for a while until she is fully over her breakup and then im toast.
    Sorry if I come across as negative but I dont want to get hurt again so quickly after just jumping back into the dating scene.
    What do you all think I should do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think if you really like her you should take things one step at a time. Give her space to heal and be there when she wants you.

The alternative is to cut your losses and walk away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I say go for it. You might get hurt but you might not. You've both been honest with each other and this has just as much of a chance of working out as anything else. If you do get hurt then at least you know you gave it a shot - better than wondering what could have been! My €0.02 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭lau1247

daiixi wrote:
    I say go for it. You might get hurt but you might not. You've both been honest with each other and this has just as much of a chance of working out as anything else. If you do get hurt then at least you know you gave it a shot - better than wondering what could have been! My €0.02 anyway.

Ditto..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I think you should just go with it and see what develops. Developing a relationship has a lot of uncertainty and you cannot ask for a guarantee of commitment early on.

Would it be so bad to end up as friends?

Try not to be insecure, predict the future etc. Things will work out fine as long as you relax. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I would give her a chance - with love you have to take great risks to make great gains, at least both of you have been through similar circumstances. I do think that a year is a long time since a split and both of you deserve to have a chance together, if nothing else you will be gaining a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Life is a game of chance. If you don't take any, you cannot win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭lau1247

Life is a game of chance. If you don't take any, you cannot win.

If you take it, you could also lose..
    Aye :(

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement